Corsair Community

Can i set the colour of the LED on my H100i and uninstall Link?

markob53

Yes, but you need to set similar to 255,1,1 rather than 255,0,0. This is a work-a-round for a firmware bug.

If CL is not running it's also possible to set the colour using SIV which will also report the temperatures and fan/pump speeds. See http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=792966.

Thanks for the reply.

I've had a little play with SIV and accessed the LED settings through SPD -> Corsair -> Link Lights and set my lights accordingly, however the lights revert to default when i turn my computer off then on. Is there a way to apply the lights so they stay the colour i want or enabling SIV to start with Windows so it applies the lights on bootup? I am new to this software, cheers.

Thanks for the reply.

I've had a little play with SIV and accessed the LED settings through SPD -> Corsair -> Link Lights and set my lights accordingly, however the lights revert to default when i turn my computer off then on. Is there a way to apply the lights so they stay the colour i want or enabling SIV to start with Windows so it applies the lights on bootup? I am new to this software, cheers.

If you wish me to sensibly comment you need to post screen shots of the [Link Status] and [Link Lights] panels. The [Link Lights] one should be taken just after you have pressed [Apply].

Bootup is ambiguous. Do you see the issue only when you first power on (Cold Boot) or also if you reboot windows (Warm Boot)?

I guess a [Link Lights] taken when the system is started may be also helpful.

If you wish me to sensibly comment you need to post screen shots of the [Link Status] and [Link Lights] panels. The [Link Lights] one should be taken just after you have pressed [Apply].

Bootup is ambiguous. Do you see the issue only when you first power on (Cold Boot) or also if you reboot windows (Warm Boot)?

I guess a [Link Lights] taken when the system is started may be also helpful.

Here are the screenshots of Link Lights at boot.

http://i.imgur.com/4yfRsUi.png

Link Lights after i edit the colour to red and hit 'apply'

http://i.imgur.com/k5AyHDv.png

and Link status

http://i.imgur.com/paay9v1.png

I will say that i did uninstall Corsair Link (as the whole point of this is to avoid having it running in the background, unless i need it just installed for SIV to grab the info)

But Corsair Link had to be running previously for it to set the LEDs on boot, so presumably if another piece of software takes over then it also needs to run at boot in order to apply the LED setting, if i do a normal reboot the colour stays as i set it but if i turn shut down my computer i have to reapply it manually.

I will say that i did uninstall Corsair Link (as the whole point of this is to avoid having it running in the background, unless i need it just installed for SIV to grab the info)

But Corsair Link had to be running previously for it to set the LEDs on boot, so presumably if another piece of software takes over then it also needs to run at boot in order to apply the LED setting, if i do a normal reboot the colour stays as i set it but if i turn shut down my computer i have to reapply it manually.

Thank you for the screen shots, with hindsight I should have asked for [uSB Bus] and [Link Devices] as well. Please post them.

SIV does not need CL to be installed. You don't need to uninstall CL to stop it running. Simply change the options so that it does not start when the system is booted. This is what I do.

It's strange that the temperature and fan speeds are all zero. I am wondering what [Link Devices] reports. If EnhancedPowerManagementEnabled is checked uncheck it, press [Restart], exit and restart SIV. Are all the values still zero?

If after hitting [Apply] if you the hit [Link Lights] what is displayed? Exactly the same or different?

Try changing the 255,204,0 to 255,255,255 and pressing [Apply] before selecting static colour. After a cold boot what do you initially get? Maybe the 0 is another bug.

I suspect all the values being zero and then LED colour not sticking may be related.

You should add your PC Specs to you profile, especially the Motherboard and Windows version.

Thank you for the screen shots, with hindsight I should have asked for [uSB Bus] and [Link Devices] as well. Please post them.

SIV does not need CL to be installed. You don't need to uninstall CL to stop it running. Simply change the options so that it does not start when the system is booted. This is what I do.

It's strange that the temperature and fan speeds are all zero. I am wondering what [Link Devices] reports. If EnhancedPowerManagementEnabled is checked uncheck it, press [Restart], exit and restart SIV. Are all the values still zero?

If after hitting [Apply] if you the hit [Link Lights] what is displayed? Exactly the same or different?

Try changing the 255,204,0 to 255,255,255 and pressing [Apply] before selecting static colour. After a cold boot what do you initially get? Maybe the 0 is another bug.

I suspect all the values being zero and then LED colour not sticking may be related.

You should add your PC Specs to you profile, especially the Motherboard and Windows version.

I'm currently at work so i'm limited to what i can test but i can log into my pc so here are the screenshots for

Link Devices

http://i.imgur.com/8urpCOK.png

USB Bus

http://i.imgur.com/Gn563vv.png

Not sure why the temps and fans are at zero, although the fans are connected to the motherboard directly, not the pump. EnhancedPowerManagementEnabled was already unticked as you can see from the screenshot.

Are you saying that if i set the colour of the LED via SIV that it should stay? If so, just curious how it can achieve this without the software running at boot.

I have added my specs to my profile. Thanks.

Not sure why the temps and fans are at zero, although the fans are connected to the motherboard directly, not the pump. EnhancedPowerManagementEnabled was already unticked as you can see from the screenshot.

Are you saying that if i set the colour of the LED via SIV that it should stay? If so, just curious how it can achieve this without the software running at boot.

If the fans are not connected to the H100i the RPM will be zero, but there should be a none zero temperature.

If you set the H100i LED colour using CL or SIV it should stick. My H100i is set to 128,1,1 and the LED is dark red before Windows even starts.

I have just checked on my W10 x64 Build 10240 system and my H100i (also 1.1.3 firmware) reports the temperature so I suspect you have a hardware issue and suspect the LED colour not sticking is down to this. Were it my H100i I would RMA it. In which country/town are you?

If the fans are not connected to the H100i the RPM will be zero, but there should be a none zero temperature.

If you set the H100i LED colour using CL or SIV it should stick. My H100i is set to 128,1,1 and the LED is dark red before Windows even starts.

I have just checked on my W10 x64 Build 10240 system and my H100i (also 1.1.3 firmware) reports the temperature so I suspect you have a hardware issue and suspect the LED colour not sticking is down to this. Were it my H100i I would RMA it. In which country/town are you?

I'm in the UK in a place called Blackpool.

My H100i does seem to be working though as it it communicates fine with Link and displays the RPM of the pump in the bios, could the way i've connected the pump cause the issue? I'm pretty sure the pump itself is connected via the SATA power cable and then the 3-pin sensor cable (if that's what you call it) is plugged into my CPU_OPT header. All my other CPU_FAN/CHA_FAN headers are being used by the rest of my case fans/the H55 connected to my graphics card. Just thinking maybe that's why it can't report the temperature but it still works.

The H110i is half working and all of that you have said is what I expect.

Rather than try and work-a-round the faulty hardware just RMA it! The UK RMA centre is Scan in Bolton and half of me suspects you could drive there and do an instant swap, there is also the Express RMA option so you get the new one and then send the old one back. Request an RMA via https://corsair.secure.force.com/.

I happened to do one yesterday which was approved in < 4 hours :biggrin:. Remember to upload the invoice.

I have just got an e-mail saying RMA number <#6654XXX> has been shipped :sillygrin (I did not do an express RMA, so I guess it helps to be me) If only Corsair (actually CoolIT) fixed firmware issues this quickly ;):

Thanks for your help, if i do the RMA is it a valid reason that it won't show the temps in 3rd party software enough though?

Thanks for your help, if i do the RMA is it a valid reason that it won't show the temps in 3rd party software enough though?

As I don't work for Corsair I can't really answer that. What I can say if that SIV has a better track record of reporting CL hardware than CL has :eek:. I did a quick search and found http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134252 and I know there are other such threads. Wait and see what Dustin says.

I have just found http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=133312 which is SIV reporting a H100i and CL failing :D:

I have never seen an issue with the LEDs colour not sticking other than the usual 255,0,0 one.

Just to be clear, the LED colour does stick when i reboot the computer, it only reverts to default if i completely shut down the computer (and then re-applies after Link starts up). Are you saying that even if i completely shut down the computer the colour of the LED shut be exactly how i set it before shutting down regardless of SIV/Link running? Is it worth me trying to set it to 255,2,2?

With a warm boot the H100i firmware does not restart so you don't get the issue, it's only a cold boot.

The LED should be the correct colour even if the USB cable is not plugged in. I have just tested and with my H100i this is what happens.

Again, Rather than try and work-a-round the faulty hardware just RMA it! Wait and see what Dustin says he should be around soon.

Dustin, this is really strange. Given the pump is reporting and the temperature is not then I guess this could be the temperature sensor has failed. Do they fail often? This in itself is a reason to RMA. I have never seen an issue with the LEDs colour not sticking other than the usual 255,0,0 one. You may wish to get it into the labs and find out why. I would be intrigued to know what is found.

Below is what I get on my W10 system and as you can see all is correct. The LED also comes up correctly when I power the H100i on.

attachment.php?attachmentid=22444&stc=1&d=1438866246

REG.thumb.png.1dfaff83cf5be3339137908c247a875b.png

Archived