Corsair Community

OC xms2 pro ram

KDM

I have two 1 gb sticks of the xms2pro ddr2 6400 corsair ram. Came as 1.9 volts, 55512.

What volts would be sufficient if I wanted to oc the speed of the ram to around 1050 or so.

PC specs

E6400 - 3.0ghz

2gb ddr2

8800gts

ocz 600wpsu

asus 650i sli mobo

I have the 6400C4 ram, and that stock is 2.1v, so yours should be the same.

I guess you can put it at 2.1v and see how far you can oc, but I cant go past 860mhz.... so if u get that much i would be very surprised!

Yapa

I have the 6400C4 ram, and that stock is 2.1v, so yours should be the same.

I guess you can put it at 2.1v and see how far you can oc, but I cant go past 860mhz.... so if u get that much i would be very surprised!

Yapa

I have my ram running at 920mhz atm, so maybe something is wrong with yours. I wanted to go much higher than that , so thats why I am asking.

Getting PC6400 RAM over 900 is a feat in itself. The stuff is only guaranteed up to 800MHz (called OC'ing RAM because the 4-4-4-12 timing is an OC in itself). Don't expect to get much higher then you are now.

Try the following settings:

Set your timings to 4-4-4-12 @ 2.1v and see how far you can get.

-Me

If you read the post "overclock more or lower CAS" on the main enthusiasts page, you can read where I got mine to 1000 mhz with loosened timings, I can get it to go higher but my temp in my house is the current problem.

p.s. dont even bother with timings of 4-4-4-12 @ 2.1v. its such a joke, use 5-5-5-15 @ 2.1, once you figure your prob out, you should easily get past 900. Then again, if yours are pro, and mine are not, its odd my OC more lol

Archived