Corsair Community

Thinking of buying Corsair corsair vengeance 2000, but....

Pally1

Well, being a new V2000 owner myself i was somewhat concerned about this aswell.

BUT, seeing how good corsair are at supporting/replacing the broken ones I decided to keep them since they do sound and feel very good.

And according to corsair staff posting on Sweclockers forum, most V2000s in stored today are of a revised edition where the cracking plastic are supposed to be resolved. If there is any truth to this or not, we can never know.

Here are a few other things you might have read about. They are maybe minor annoyances, and none of them are so bad as to break a deal, and likely to be fixed in the coming update.

-The surround is, IMO, really good in these. Playing CS and DOTA (only games i play right now) i get GREAT directional sound with both 7.1 and 5.1. Some find it not so great, but it all comes down to personal preference and setup i think.

-THere is an issue with the bass, apperently since the last update, it lacks a bit of oomph and tends to distort somewhat. It can be tweaked away with the EQ and to be honest, I dont think about it at all anymore.

-The mic sounds good but is a bit low, even on highest sensitivity.

Still, I kept mine knowing that down the road I might (most likely) have to get corsair to replace them but it is a hassle I can live with since they are otherwise a great headset!

The only real options to these are twice the price, or more.

And since i am no longer buying anything logitech pukes out, and astro or turtlebeach are out of my budget, the V2000 are more or less the ONLY option for me.

Unless you go with a wired headset, but then you wouldnt be looking at the V2000 in the first place ;)

tl:dr

To answer your question, there IS a fairly noticeable chance that you will get a bad pair that is likely to break within 6-12 months. When that happens you will get them replaced by Corsair, which might take up to a few weeks.

If this is something you can live with, then i warmly recommend these to you. Also, keep in mind that when it comes to wireless surround headsets, there is none that is completely free of issues, one way or another. There is no perfection in this genre, not yet :)

Thank you for your response, went to the store and was holding a pair in my hands for half an hour, felt as if they would break just from holding them, pissed off a salesperson :D.

But i decided to go with Sennheiser on this one.

Its kinda strange, I have quite a bit of corsair stuff, was sure that if you see that name on a product than its top quality, but not in this case.

Corsair guys, if your reading this, make your next headset from pure aluminum or titanium if your at it. We dont give a **** about the price tag, we need quality products that last.

Dont ruin your name by cutting corners.

Happy to hear you found a good purchase!

And yes, they do feel flimsy and cheap, but well on your head they are a pure delight! But ill agree, next time corsair revises their vengeance headset, make it spectacular!

As you said, pricetags are usuly not an issue IF the products is of great quality and build. Its paying hundred of dollars for **** that breaks that we can do without (cough, logitech, cough..)

Thank you for your response, went to the store and was holding a pair in my hands for half an hour, felt as if they would break just from holding them, pissed off a salesperson :D.

But i decided to go with Sennheiser on this one.

Its kinda strange, I have quite a bit of corsair stuff, was sure that if you see that name on a product than its top quality, but not in this case.

Corsair guys, if your reading this, make your next headset from pure aluminum or titanium if your at it. We dont give a **** about the price tag, we need quality products that last.

Dont ruin your name by cutting corners.

Good call... Mine broke and I took such good care of them. Been 4 weeks and I'm still waiting on my RMA. Don't buy this junk it's just a headache in the long run.

... Just being honest, I feel it's my duty to warn others where they put their hard earned money.

Archived