Corsair Community

Updated iCUE yesterday, Ryzen CPU now locked at 1.4v+

DMAC8400

So I called AMD, they recommend I uninstall iCUE, and just like that my brand new CPU is running back at 1.0-1.1 idle as it should.

I reinstalled it and my voltage went right back up to 1.4.

I ran iCUE for the last 2 weeks (brand new PC) without issue, then I updated the version yesterday, and this began occurring.

I see that iCUE had an issue with this last summer, did we ever figure out what was wrong? I simply can't not have iCUE on my PC as I invested a lot of money into Corsair RGB components and now they are all either default white or rainbow.

Thanks.

Edited by DMAC8400

No idea if this would work or not as a workaround (I haven't tested it), but have you tried setting the hardware lighting setting in iCUE and then uninstall? Does the lighting retain the desired settings?

No, it reverts back to default white for the fans and rainbow for the RAM and red for the keyboard.

I've used Ryzen Master to cap my CPU voltage, which works for now, but isn't a permanent solution as iCUE is still pulling the max amount of voltage allowed.

I've been having an issue with my CPU idling crazy high and having ridiculous temperatures as well. I fastened the cooler, so it can't be loose, I 'm wondering if it's iCue now as well.

A few of the Ryzen threads with AMD I've seen they mentioned that there's an observer effect with sensors, and I'm wondering if that's what we may be seeing here. The sensors in the driver set / iCUE software waking the cores to check 'em too often.

I'll do some uninstalling as well, see if it helps and report back.