Corsair Community

I purchased corsair 100i RGB platinum and rear case fan, unsure what Components neede

Mickey009

Hey So I purchased the Corsair Hydro 100i RGB Platinum 240mm and I also purchased a corsair CO-9050071-WW LL120 120mm Dual Loop RGB LED Pwm Fan.

I have an I7 7700K with an Asus Z170A motherboard, what other parts do I need to buy to control my RGB on the fans on the 100i and the rear corsair fan? I am confused if I need a commander Pro or an or do I just need an RGB controller or both?

As far as the CLC is concerned, it controls it's RGB and fans itself. Your single fan that you have will require something additional. If you want you can plug the fan cable to the motherboard and control its speed that way. But rgb is another matter. Minimum you will need at least a lighting node pro or core. I suggest the lighting node core since it reduces an item. The core is basically a lighting node pro and a rgb hub all in one.

The commander pro has a lot to it. it's a fan speed controller, rgb, and temp sensor, and usb hub all in one. But you would need a rgb hub to connect the rgb from the fans. But it can control up to 6 fans.

Personally I would get the lighting node core for your single fan. I guess you would use a couple splitters off of the CLC, but I don't really recommend that.