Corsair Community

H100i temp issues - 3570k

zatah

I have alot of temp issues with my h100i. 3570k running at 3,8ghz.

Idle it runs about 45-50c and load 60-70c.

My cpu can jump 5-10c if i open small things like Chrome browser.

When i had my H80i i had no problems.

I tried to change thermal paste, and i have rings on the backplate.

I am using Arctic Silver 5

Do I have a defect h100i and do i need to send it to rma?

What is the pumps rpm in your bios should be running about 2200. My temps on mine sits at 32 to 35 idle and goes up to 55 to 60 under load on a 4.2 oc. Also how long has it been running with the arctic silver 5 that takes 200 hours to cure what is you room temp aswell

I will check the pump when i come home.

Think it has been running for about 2-3 months.

I actually dont know what my room temp is, but it isnt that hot.

Edit: Pump running at 2192

I assume you're not using a push/pull configuration based on the picture you've shown. I must say I've never seen fans drop to an rpm of 500. Are those fans hooked up to the pump or the motherboard and are you pulling air into your case from the top, or pushing air out?

I am using pull.

The reason they are running that low, is because of my curve. If they run much higher, they make too much noise

running below 575 or so will promote the chance of the fans stalling,prompting link to do a reset on that fan.most of the time itll recover but if not then link will crash.

let me guess,this rpm is the lowest you could trim your fans to ;):

when you open chrome do you have a lot of tabs, sometimes depending on what extensions you use it can be a big hog at boot, my chrome normally has about 50 tabs open at a time and if its closed then reopened my cpu all cores go to 100 for about ten seconds lol, which brings it into rendering a "3d still" territory, and as such raises heat for about 8 seconds. EDIT: the stock fans are not great at low rpm's and need to be at least at 800 rpm imo to do anything worth while if you only using pull. get some gentle typhoons if you don't want noise. those stock ones are loud in general. can you post a pic of your system?, also is your h100i using firmware 1.0.7(it is shown in your options and devices area of LINK)?

Archived