Corsair Community

Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3P

Ades

Hi hope somebody might be abele to advise me. at the moment i am running 4 x 1gb @ 800mz sticks of Geil memory but would like to purchase Corsair dominator modules @1066 although not stated on Gigabytes site does anybody know if these will run 2 x 2gb against 4 x 1gb. thanks in advance for any help

Hi hope somebody might be abele to advise me. at the moment i am running 4 x 1gb @ 800mz sticks of ******** memory but would like to purchase Corsair dominator modules @1066 although not stated on Gigabytes site does anybody know if these will run 2 x 2gb against 4 x 1gb. thanks in advance for any help

Download CPU-z from

and run CPU-z, posting screenshots of CPU-z's CPU, Memory and SPD tabs.

Download Everest Trial Version from here -->

Install Everest and right click on the (i) icon in the system tray. Choose Tools --> Cache and Memory Benchmark. Run the Benchmark and post the finished screenshot.

Have you thought of clocking up your processor? Here's the thing. The difference between your 800Mhz 4-4-4-12 memory and 1066Mhz 5-5-5-15 memory is minimal. Your memory will very likely make 1000Mhz with 5-5-5-15 but if you raise your FSB to 400 from 333 you would get 3.6Ghz which is a light overclock for that processor. Set the memory at a multiple of 2 X and you get 800Mhz memory still, but it will run faster because of the increased bandwidth in the conduit.

Have you made any changes to your MCH voltage with the population for four modules? Or is it at auto?

After reading some of the posts on the forum I have increased the MCH voltage

to 0.1. Memtest is still reporting errors and I am getting ramdon BSOD. I was looking to change my memory but gigabyte only state 1gb per slot @1066

1. Supports DDR2 1066*/800/667 memory

2. Dual Channel architecture supports up to 8GB by 4 DIMM slots

* Please refer "Memory Support List" for memory support information

this is off there website

I have heard about the problems about using all slots so I was wondering if it would be ok to install dominator 4gb 2x2gb or should I stick with 4gb 4x1gb

Yes, two sticks of 2GB will deal with the issue of a four slot population slowing down the data stream. 2 X 2GB of 8500C5 is a good way to go.

Download CPU-z from

Download Memtest86+ Version 2.11 from--->

and extract the ISO image. Burn the ISO image to an CD-ROM disk. Enter your BIOS. Next select the MB Intelligent Tweaker option. Enter these values:

MIB Intelligent Tweaker (M.I.T.)

Robust Graphics Booster = Auto
CPU Clock Ratio = 9
CPU Host Clock Control = Enabled
CPU Host Frequency (Mhz) = 400Mhz
PCI Express Frequency = 100Mhz
C.I.A.2 = Disabled
Performance Enhance = Standard
System Memory Multiplier = 2
Hi Speed DRAM DLL Settings = Option 2
DRAM Timing Selectable = Manual
CAS Latency Time = 5
DRAM RAS# to CAS# Delay = 5
RAS# Precharge = 5
Precharge Delay (tRAS) = 15
ACT to ACT delay = Auto
Bank Write To READ Delay = Auto
Refresh to ACT Delay = 0
Read to Precharge Delay = Auto

System Voltage Control

DDR2 OverVoltage Control = +.3v
PCI-e OverVoltage Control = Normal
(G)MCH OverVoltage Control = +.2v
CPU Voltage Control = Auto 

Boot to the Memtest CD and allow for two full passes.

Results?

After reading some of the posts on the forum I have increased the MCH voltage

to 0.1. Memtest is still reporting errors and I am getting ramdon BSOD. I was looking to change my memory but gigabyte only state 1gb per slot @1066

1. Supports DDR2 1066*/800/667 memory

2. Dual Channel architecture supports up to 8GB by 4 DIMM slots

* Please refer "Memory Support List" for memory support information

this is off there website

I have heard about the problems about using all slots so I was wondering if it would be ok to install dominator 4gb 2x2gb or should I stick with 4gb 4x1gb

Yes, clearly you would do better with 2 X 2048. When you populate with all four DRAM modules, you are advised to drop the speed of the memory. 800Mhz to 667Mhz. If you install 2 X 2048 of 1066Mhz memory you can run it at 1066Mhz. If you install 4 X 2048 of 1066Mhz memory, you are then advised to drop the speed to 800Mhz.

Keep in mind that your board supports 1066Mhz memory and 8GB capacity. It does not support 1066Mhz at 8GB capacity.

Archived