Corsair Community

Does Corsair Link need to be running to maintain fan curves?

RumAndCookies

I just installed my H100i earlier today and after sorting out the Win8.1 issues and getting Corsair Link working properly I'm pretty happy. I do have a question though...

I've set up some fan curves that match my personal preference for noise vs cooling and I'm wondering if those are committed to some bit of memory in the cooler itself that is preserved between reboots, or if Corsair Link has to be actively running in the system tray for the fan curves to work. I've tried rebooting and running a stress test after switching the software to not start with Windows, and sometimes it seems like it's following the quieter curve I set while other times it seems like the louder default. I suppose if I can't really tell then it must not be that big of a deal anyway, but if anyone has a definitive answer on this I'd sure like to know!

Thanks in advance!

It depends on what you setup.

1) If you use a temperature sensor other than the one in the H100i then software needs to be running all the time.

2) If you use the H100i internal sensor then I think that once setup this will keep working, but you need to use software to set this up every time the system is power cycled.

I posted http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=140895 and have also directly contacted Corsair support to try and get the specification on what should happen. I was told that Corsair users did not want/need this information and that they did not have it!

It wont run your Link software settings if Link is not actively running but it does resort to a curve profile of 3 temp curve to run the system...

What are the temperatures and fan speeds that are used? What is the URL that specifies this please?

Archived