Corsair Community

Is this okay noise for H80i?

barrix

I just installed my new H80i which I bought from novatech.co.uk

I have managed to OC to 3.9 GHZ in my AMD Phenom II 965 BE.

But I think noise is bit high for me.

I am thinking of replacing the stock fan with some other fans.

Shall I go with sp120s or noctua?

Paid £83 for this product and hoped it would have less sound. It has really let me down.

I upgraded from H50 which I was running for 3 years. Sound I barely could hare on the old fans.

Buying another pair is gonna cost me more?

Feel :[pouts:

Any H80i users? Which fans have you been using for Overclocking and low noise.

Thank you

==

Here's my video for sound testing

My H80i is about six months old and it is very quiet because I have set up a custom fan curve keeping the fan speed quiet low until the CPU temperature is higher than I would like. When in balanced or performance mode, the fans do tend to make themselves "known". I'd recommend you playing with the fan curves before replacing them.

My H80i is about six months old and it is very quiet because I have set up a custom fan curve keeping the fan speed quiet low until the CPU temperature is higher than I would like. When in balanced or performance mode, the fans do tend to make themselves "known". I'd recommend you playing with the fan curves before replacing them.

The noise is really annoying when I am doing my study or work. When gaming, noise is not a problem

H50 was lot lot quieter.

Just confused is it the fan attached to rear side making noise or the radiator. Hard to tell..

Only thing I liked I can change color. Its amazing feature I have to say. Matches my GTX 770 MSI Lightning.

I am try old H50 fans I have.

Archived