Corsair Community

Corsair Service terminated event viewer loop, BAD stutter needs PC restart

drwmnn

I just put together a system with a 680X Crystal case, HX750i PSU and H115i Platinum AiO, with MSI x570 Gaming Pro Carbon Wifi & Ryzen 3800X + EVGA RTX 2080 Ti Black Edition.

This computer runs fairly stable and crushes benchmarks. But when I'm playing Star Wars for anywhere between 20-45 minutes with iCue software running in the background, the Corsair Service gets caught in a constant restart loop (witnessed in Event Viewer).

Event ID 7031 "The Corsair Service service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 1 time(s). The following corrective action will be taken in 60000 milliseconds: Restart the service." The Event viewer is spammed with this error every 10 seconds until I force restart or hold the power button. Windows will not restart or shutdown on it's own while this is happening.

This causes a drop in framerate to 25-30 fps from 60 (I'm playing on an LG 4k TV at 3840x2160 resolution. The audio stutters constantly and the mouse stutters across the screen. All input to the computer is slowed. This system usually has no problem running well when this isn't happening. Inside case temp is ~30-35 Celsius and my 2080 ti maxes around ~67 Celsius during gameplay.

I've noticed this happens when installing new software or drivers also while iCue is running. I've fresh installed Windows and updated all drivers again and this doesn't start happening until I install iCue software.

Not sure what to do at this point. I bought all this corsair gear and it seems I won't be able to use the control software? Should I just return it all?

Anyone else dealt with this and fixed it?

Thanks

Threw memtest86 at it and got a bajillion errors. Reseated the ram and no errors over night. No crashes so far after a couple hours with the software reinstalled on a newly wiped system. Fingers crossed that was the issue. iCue still causing frame rate to drop every so often though.