Corsair Community

Void Wireless Review, non-SE edition

Event Horizon

My review of the Void Wireless black non-SE edition.

Simply put I am impressed. Going from my old Razer Megalodon to these was like night and day.

Almost everything works as stated on them without any adjustments in factory settings. Even the 7.1 works well despite the driver only showing them as stereo in Windows 7 (Dolby needs to be turned on in CUE, factory setting is off).

- Sound quality is fantastic, nice range and deep base. No issues with limited volume like some other wireless headsets, these get loud.

- Mic quality is good but as others have mentioned before the volume is too low. Another downside is the mic boom lights are not all visible when worn, you have to bend the mic into view to check and see if you are muted.

- Comfort is pretty good, but with my narrow head they slide around easily. If I tilt my head forward they want to slide off. They could use a tighter squeeze. The last headsets released were reported being too tight, it seems they went the complete opposite direction with these. Most gamers are probably over weight with fat heads so they should welcome the loose fit.

- Wireless range is great without the base station if connected by a front mounted USB port.

- Construction is solid. The thick metal arms that go into each earset feel much stronger than your typical plastic. Track IR heading tracking games work great with these since the metal arms can easily mount a Track Clip Pro.

- Drivers and software could be improved but they work. No resource leak from long Windows 7 use, unlike reports from Windows 10.

My advice is to avoid all the problems with Windows 10. Use good old non-broken Windows 7 if you want these to work correctly.

Overall I highly recommend them!

Thank you Corsair! We look forward to software updates =)

Archived