Corsair Community

800D, H100i and GTX 670 SLI

billybobcraskin

Hello there,

Last week I bought Corsair 800D, h100i and GTX670. Yesterday I decided to buy my second GTX670 for SLI-setup. But the problem now is that the topcard is really hot, between 80-90c with full load. This is what i've read, pretty normal.

After some research I found out that 800D case is best for watercooling instead of air-cooling but I don't want to start a project like that now :)

Currently I have 2 Noctua-fans (Since the stock-fans had a high pitched noise) as pull on my i100h, AF140 on Rear as outtake, AF140 Intake at bottom and stock on the drive-bay.

Is there something different I can do in my setup?

I also have an 800D so I will tell you how I have mine setup

I have 4 stock H100i fans running a push/pull as an intake with a AF120 quite edition next to it (also intake)

AF140 as exhaust at the back

AF140 on the bottom as an intake

Seems to work pretty well for my 690 anyways

1) Just a single 690 but going tri sli 680 in the near future.

2) The rad from the H100i wont block the third fan slot with the fans between it and the top of the case because it will be sitting lower.

3)Sorry if this doesn't make much sense but it is somewhat hard to explain, You can use all the stock screws from the h100i is you use the short screws on the bottom fans.

You will need to put the short screws through the holes that will be against the rad only, so you will need a screwdriver that can fit through the farther holes on the fan. It's not easy to do but it will work.

Once you have the bottom fans attached place the top fans on the rad where they need to be and carefully place the rad and loose fans at the ceiling of the case. Then you just need to carefully line up the fan and rad holes with the case. Then use the longer screws to go down through the case then fans then rad.

It's a pain to do but I have actually done it a couple times while experimenting with different fans.

I actually have 2 sets of long screws now because I have 2 H100i. (one of them had the fan splitter connecter on the heatsink brake and I Didn't feel like returning and I wanted an extra set of fans lol)

Anyways I will take a couple pictures to show you what I mean.

Ceiling of my case

http://i1300.photobucket.com/albums/ag83/CyBorg807/IMG_20130108_060428_200_zpsf636baa0.jpg

The red side would be the side with the rad on it.

http://i1300.photobucket.com/albums/ag83/CyBorg807/IMG_20130108_060709_006_zps49ce090b.jpg

I Hope this helps.

• 2 weeks later...
1) Just a single 690 but going tri sli 680 in the near future

Hi there just noticed the posts and i wanted to ask you about the 690, do you have an issues with it pumping hot air in the case? i wana get this card for my CM storm trooper till about october then im moving out and i want to buy a corsair 800D and put the 690 in it along with some other stuff (corsair H100i, may try my hand at some water cooling though that sounds scary D: )

so do you have any issues with the heat it expels? i just dont wana damage any parts in my comp (directly below where the card would be is my psu the HDDS are all tucked away to the right) thanks in advance!

Hi there just noticed the posts and i wanted to ask you about the 690, do you have an issues with it pumping hot air in the case? i wana get this card for my CM storm trooper till about october then im moving out and i want to buy a corsair 800D and put the 690 in it along with some other stuff (corsair H100i, may try my hand at some water cooling though that sounds scary D: )

so do you have any issues with the heat it expels? i just dont wana damage any parts in my comp (directly below where the card would be is my psu the HDDS are all tucked away to the right) thanks in advance!

No I haven't had any issues with it expelling heat into the case, although it will raise the internal temps a bit it's not enough to be a big issue. My airflow setup in the 800D seems to keep it fairly cool though even after hours of gaming.

http://i1300.photobucket.com/albums/ag83/CyBorg807/IMG_20130118_142837_232_zpse2fcbe30.jpg

thank you so much! ive been looking on internet for people who have the 800D and air cool, all seem to water cool and whilst id love to do that and the price wouldnt be too much problem and it look AWESOME i dont know how to do it and i dont wana end up breaking something so what i want to do is get H100i on the roof like yours and well...my setup seems exactly the same as yours lol same motherboard and graphics card as well (wont be building this pc till around october so this may change alot till then may even go SLI 680 instead of 690 and the gtx 700 series might even be out lol they are announcing in Q2 of this year) :L thanks alot!!!

Archived