Corsair Community

quality H100i and AX860i

Max10

Hi all,

Bought a H100i at 07-13 replacing a scythe 3b air cooler after reading several reviews with a good to very good conclusions about this product! Strange! none of the testsites mentioned the "in mine opinion" unacceptable loudness of the supplied fans! ok they perform quite well but who can live with that noise? So i replaced them for a pair of Noctua NF-F12 PWM fans which perform very good. Also the fitting of the cooling node worked only good after placing some extra spaces behind the backplate.

With windows 7 the CL software worked (not perfect), now upgrading to win8.1 it totaly sucks, i tried the solutions offered in this forum to make it work but still get problems, ok its beta! maybe i've to wait for the final release.

For now i removed de CL software and let my bios control the CPU fans so it is completely independent from the computer OS.

Not for this Cooling forum but i also bought a AX860 psu for my configuration after again very good testing results from the review sites and also none of them mentioned the coil whining issue!

Again strange! 2 very important issues are totaly ignored by the reviews of the products i've bought, the loudness of the fans and the fitting from the H100i and the the coil whining from the psu. At that moment i thought i was buying good and quality parts!

Resuming; the H100i works ok for me after buying 2 other expensive fans and adjust the spacing of the backplate and not using the CL software but let the bios control those.

The AX860 works good especially if you don't mind the coil whining but i do!

With the supplied fans of the h100i the coil whining was no problem because they make such a noise that the coil whining is no issue anymore.

I know i can put a rma for the AX860 but then i'm without for maybe 2 weeks using my computer (i'm using this computer only for gaming) i don't like that but maybe i must! whith the risk getting another AX860 with the same coiling whining!

In the past Corsair products where for me quality products, now i'm very doubting about that fact!

Hi all,

Bought a H100i at 07-13 replacing a scythe 3b air cooler after reading several reviews with a good to very good conclusions about this product! Strange! none of the testsites mentioned the "in mine opinion" unacceptable loudness of the supplied fans! ok they perform quite well but who can live with that noise? So i replaced them for a pair of Noctua NF-F12 PWM fans which perform very good. Also the fitting of the cooling node worked only good after placing some extra spaces behind the backplate.

With windows 7 the CL software worked (not perfect), now upgrading to win8.1 it totaly sucks, i tried the solutions offered in this forum to make it work but still get problems, ok its beta! maybe i've to wait for the final release.

For now i removed de CL software and let my bios control the CPU fans so it is completely independent from the computer OS.

Not for this Cooling forum but i also bought a AX860 psu for my configuration after again very good testing results from the review sites and also none of them mentioned the coil whining issue!

Again strange! 2 very important issues are totaly ignored by the reviews of the products i've bought, the loudness of the fans and the fitting from the H100i and the the coil whining from the psu. At that moment i thought i was buying good and quality parts!

Resuming; the H100i works ok for me after buying 2 other expensive fans and adjust the spacing of the backplate and not using the CL software but let the bios control those.

The AX860 works good especially if you don't mind the coil whining but i do!

With the supplied fans of the h100i the coil whining was no problem because they make such a noise that the coil whining is no issue anymore.

I know i can put a rma for the AX860 but then i'm without for maybe 2 weeks using my computer (i'm using this computer only for gaming) i don't like that but maybe i must! whith the risk getting another AX860 with the same coiling whining!

In the past Corsair products where for me quality products, now i'm very doubting about that fact!

whoa - slow down there turbo. TWO WEEKS? thats it? thats all youd be out on if you decided to ask this company to honor its warranty on these products? two whole freakin weeks? WOW!!!11

im just kidding. i know now exactly how you feel, and wish i never sent my psu back for warranty to begin with. oi should have just sold it to some other chump like i was when i bought the dang thing to begin with. it's been over 3 weeks since i sent corsair my ax850 and still nothing. the only word i heard back from this company was a 'huh? wait u sent us your power supply? r u sure? wats the tracking number, ill go see if i can find out who received it'

that was last week. the same day i ordered a kilowatt silverstone unit. it showed up, with the slowest and cheapest shipping possible, this last saturday. corsair has more or less lost my business, and the business that i would have recommended to my clients and customers, forever by crippling my business for 3 weeks because of so much downtime where i cant work because my work computer needs a power supply - a problem i wouldnt have had if i bought something from a reputable brand to begin with.

good luck bud, sorry to hear about all this. i feel your pain, and then some, believe me.

a problem i wouldnt have had if i bought something from a reputable brand to begin with..

thats an assumption that you really cant be sure of.

every product has failures and many times a customer can get speedier results if they stayed on top of the rma by calling rather than relying on email where their put in que.

only my 2 Cents

My message was not for "flaming" Corsair just to share some of my experience with the products!

@zvonkorp "whoa - slow down there turbo. TWO WEEKS?" yes i said 2 weeks, maybe "wishful thinking" but it was just a example! My psu works good only the coil whining is a problem! when it becomes worst i'll send the unit back for guarantee, like i said this computer is only used for gaming mostly with using a headset so the coil whining is not a problem at the moment "for now!"

But my biggest issue! none of the testimonial sites exposed one of the problems i'm encounter and reading forums on the internet alot of people do! So only for example my psu unit has the coil whining and reading forums alot of people do so how is it possible that none of that testimonial sites mention this!

It's the same for my H100i, the problems many people have are not published on the testimonial sites like the fitment of the proc cooler and the noise of the supplied fans.

Ok not a real problem for me, i'm used to that, in the many years i use computers and software i'll find a solution at time! but i can imagine others don't! and are sucking with a product that is not fulfilling their expectations while they are following the "poor" included manual.

So you cannot trust the testimonial sites or the factory manuals as for real because they exclude important information about your product which you are consider to to buy!

Archived