Corsair Community

[Fix] iCue + Drivers + Windows Updates

Frosthaven

Just thought I'd share one workaround for the latest windows updates that killed my scimitar drivers and macro support without having to uninstall the updates.

The feature that blocks the drivers for this and many other devices across brands is the virtualized core isolation / code integrity checker. Disabling this feature and then running a repair on the iCue installer fixes this problem for me.

1. Open regedit and go to:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\DeviceGuard\Scenarios\HypervisorEnforcedCodeIntegrity

2. Change or create a DWORD entry named "Enabled", setting the value to 0
  3. RESTART THE COMPUTER
  4. Open the control panel > uninstall a program. Scroll to Corsair iCue and select repair.

Hopefully this helps others who are stuck, especially since this Windows feature change destroyed a lot of device drivers (more than just corsair's) on my system.

Edited by Frosthaven

Was windows blocking your commander pro or lightning node pro as well? Meaning not even showing up?

If I'm being honest I don't actually know. Only knew there was a problem when my mouse buttons stopped working, so focused on overcoming the macro error and didn't even glance at the connected devices. It's possible?

All I can say is that my scimitar, vengeance rgb ram, rm1000i, commander pro, and lighting node pro currently work as expected and show in the menu under the latest Windows 10/iCue.

Edited by Frosthaven