Corsair Community

Dead h100i Pump?

Sythesism

Hey guys, I've been Googling around and trying to find an answer to my problem with the Corsair h100i Cooler... When it arrived, it worked perfectly fine, nothing wrong with it and such. A few weeks later, the fans on the cooler was going full speed with the LED pulsing red and my motherboard reporting the cpu temp as high as 70-90 degrees Celsius while idle. I updated the Corsair Link software and that fixed the problem. But just today, when I turned on my computer, it acted up again... and when I look at the Corsair Link Software, it reported that my h100i pump has no speed at all. I have requested an RMA but the problem with that are the part numbers, it doesn't show or have a h100i copper block or something. So now I'm kind of lost whether it's completely broken or I'd have to wait for a new software update?

1724625123_DeadPump.thumb.jpg.75dc2278e1e8395d8629bff33ac39e5e.jpg

Ok so this is what my BIOS reported:

----- PC Health Status -----

CPU Temp - 40 degrees Celsius

System Temp - 26 degrees Celsius

CPU FAN - 2340-2350 RPM

SYS FAN1 - 0 RPM

SYS FAN2 - 655 RPM

SYS FAN3 - 0 RPM

SYS FAN4 - 0 RPM

Kind of weird because now the temp dropped dramatically like the pump is working again? It happened when I restarted my computer... Could it be the Corsair Software Link? I let it run on start up.

pump shows normal speed,id keep an eye and if it happens again try to get a pump reading in bios

i dont see how the link can affect the pump as its a set rpm and link just monitors it

you may also check to insure your pump power connector is fully seated.

Ok will do. I just checked the connector, it's secured tightly to the connector.

its better to check everything before doing a rma so you wont still have a problem if it isnt a faulty cooler,however if a rma is needed you can get the part # once you fill out a rma,there should be a drop down menu showing the coolers

its better to check everything before doing a rma so you wont still have a problem if it isnt a faulty cooler,however if a rma is needed you can get the part # once you fill out a rma,there should be a drop down menu showing the coolers

I went through the RMA process earlier, but there was no part # for the h100i copper block/pump.

Archived