Corsair Community

Cannot update H150i Elite Capellix to firmware v2.22.221

rnkggz

As the title suggests, I cannot update my H150i Elite Capellix firmware. I have redownloaded, repaired, clean installed, updated, everything, on the iCUE software and nothing seems to work. I press update and it sits at 0% for a couple seconds and then fails, not allowing me to retry, and the device disappears from iCUE completely afterwards. The cooler works just fine otherwise, I'm just trying to change the lighting on it and it will not take an update. I've tried the force update and that just does the same thing as the normal update and it doesn't even give me a failure notification, simply disappears from iCUE and I have to close and reopen the app to try again. I have no other lighting software open or active as the other software actually works and I've been able to set up lighting and uninstall their software. Everything is plugged into the PC properly, the Commander is working, all lights are working, temps are great, I just cannot update the firmware to begin editing lighting. 

I'm trying to get the lighting set up now and saved into the device so that when I reset my pc and move this cooler to a different system, I won't even have to think about downloading this godforsaken software ever again. I love Corsair products and will always use their PSUs but I am losing faith in coolers as they have so much difficulty updating. I reached out to Corsair support 5 days ago and have heard nothing back except "We have received your request," and the tech support people are only active from 8am to 2pm making it extremely difficult to get in contact. Even when I do get in contact, all they tell me is to clean install iCUE and try again or link me to the help article. I should also mention that this support article has 41/800 (5%) positive feedback rate which is a really big red flag that the article sucks ass and there is nothing better to look at. Overall extremely upset with this support process and I'm just super excited for a Corsair employee to reply to this thread telling me to get in contact with support for them to not get back to me once again. Do better please.

image.png.367d7ec97fe63da3aaf41e4bcd3b3659.pngimage.png.221a2218676cfe8b9474eb4c8bcb5cad.pngimage.png.7e618a6ad64a0cd0a8cb28f9a4094a48.png

During writing this and capturing these images for this post, absolutely nothing changed and the update decided to go through after about 90 tries. Nothing unpluged and replugged, no updates to software, no reinstalls or anything, it just randomly decided to work. I hate this...

image.png

• 3 months later...

I managed to bypass the error guys of the firmware installation!The problem is the latest version of ICUE!!!!.

Remove latest ICUE version and install the version 4.33.1.38 .Then you can update your h150i elite firmaware.

Enjoy!!

• 6 months later...