Corsair Community

iCUE crash since v5.8.130 update : CrashdataUploader - "Attempted an unsupported operation."

I'm having the same issue after updating to iCUE v5.8.130. Most likely has to do with the USB 2.0 port to which the H150i Elite Capellix is connected. As soon as a device is connected to USB 2.0, the module of the H150i Elite Capellix fails completely in iCUE. The message "Attempted an unsupported operation" will also appear. A restart of the PC will help for a short time until the error appears again. The previous iCUE software didn't make any problems. Hope for a timely update, as a reinstall of iCUE v5.8.130 also brought nothing.

Hi, I have latest version of iCUE 5.8.130 and on most startups it crash. Now few before few hourse when I was working something on my machine it also crashed, but most of the time it crash right on startup while entering windows. I always send report but no fix. I have corsair ax1600i connected via Corsair Link.

Hi, same problem here.

I used to have v. 5.7 but it suddenly crashed and couldn't open icue anymore so I downloaded the latest version and now I'm having nightmares using it. I also recently bought a K100 and every now and then it disconnects. I'm also having alerts of my icue link hub ports being overcurrent while I haven't messed up with it since I built my pc this July.

I've been in touch with the support since thursday last week and now they advised me to remove any other software like armoury crate etc. but as of now it doesn't seem to work. I also asked the support to send me the download link for v. 5.7 but to no avail, even after sending them the link I got previously from corsair support to fix QX fans flashing red. 

I've recommended and spent quite a bit of money on corsair's products and seeing that icue still has many issues with each update doesn't really feel good...

Edited by Giraffno
adding the last line

On 11/16/2023 at 7:08 AM, pdegan2814 said:

PC 2 listed above just spontaneously rebooted, and when it came back up iCUE 5 crashed on startup. I couldn't even find it in the Start menu to try relaunching it. So I've had to go back to v4 on that machine too. Probably gonna do the same on PC 1 just to be safe for now. What a mess.

And now PC 1 is having the same problem, iCUE is crashing on startup with v5.8.130. That's all three of them. 

Dear all,
I have a same problem since I have installed the last version 5.8.130. Update with software icue not with download on corsair.com

I tried also to add plugin ASUS for my B550 F WIFI Asus ROG prosed by icue software

I haved 3xLL120 / 3xLL140 / Commander pro / 4 nodes Pro lightnings

icue.PNG

I have the same Problem. Sometimes it crashes when starting the PC. Sometimes it works,  but when I close icue and restart, I always get the unsupported OP Error.

Sometimes I have an error display on my dominator titanium RAM. No error text, no problems, but cant configure it anymore in icue. 

Reinstalled Win11, tried Win10, tried to replug everything in every possible way. No solution until now.

PC: Asrock x670e Taichi, 7950x3d, 64GB (2x32) Dominator Titanium 6000 (CL30) 8x QX120, 6xQX140, H170i Link with display, 2x Link hubs with all 4 ports used, 1000D tower, a1600i power, 4090 Suprim X(air), 

Hello,

I have exactly the same problem and have forwarded all the required logs to support (ticket #2006550469).

Furthermore, the update of iCue to the latest version somehow causes problems on my PC.

When I start the PC, the monitors stay black until I turn both monitors off and on again. I have only had this problem since I updated iCUe.

When can we finally expect a fix for the last messed up version?

Have any of you had any strange side effects since then?

I also have this problem since the latest update. I can't start icue at every startup so completely useless at the moment for me. 

The versions before ran without a problem besides that custom cooling curve was not working correct which is also annoying. 

In version 4 of icue I never had such problems. 

I bought a new scuf invision and can't use the key remapping feature as icue doesn't work and that is the key feature why you buy such a controller. Very annoying so please fix that asap as many peopel are affacted as it seems. 

• Like 1

I wonder why Corsair won't let us install the older version of iCUE while looking for a problem with the latest version.

Edited by NecroMan

I can't understand that either. Why don't they offer us a download link for an older version? iCUE v5.7.106 ran for me without any problems. It would at least be a very sensible option until Corsair has a working update ready. Customer satisfaction should come first.

• Like 2

ive had a support ticket opened for this and also an issue with icue on mac i use it on both a windows and a mac pc.  Crashs occurring on windows, and on mac this update broke use of the modifier keys for me if im connected via slipstream.

This release seems very much like @Corsair basically just fixed some bugs while giving us more new bugs.  at this point i am very disappointed that i paid this price preimumn for such a low quality buggy product.

I have yeat to get a response from corsair on my ticket. or on here.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FOP said:

@Corsair Mars iCUE v5.8.130 was launched 17 days ago... why can't we just get acces to older versions of iCUE?? I have bought an entire iCUE LINK system that cost a lot of money and iCUE does not work... very fun experience at this point 🙂 

I don’t think that’s how v5 works, you install the basic part and then it downloads the modules it needs which are updated independently. It’s not like v4 where you download the whole thing in one big file.

Encontré una solución en Reddit y pareció funcionar:

Es hora de desinstalar el iCUE 5, luego vamos a la unidad local C y buscamos en Archivos de programa y archivos de programas 86, verificamos que no haya ninguna carpeta llamada Corsair o iCUE, luego vamos a %Appdata% y localmente borramos la carpeta Corsair/iCUE, Lo mismo con Roaming, finalmente vamos a REGEDIT y buscamos en la parte de HKEY CURRENT USER y Software, lo mismo en HKEY LOCAL MAHCINE y eliminamos todo lo que tenga que ver con Corsair. Procedemos con el reinicio e instalación desde 0, con esto evitamos que los archivos de la versión anterior entren en conflicto con la nueva.

I found a solution on Reddit and it seemed to work:

It's time to uninstall the iCUE 5, then we go to the local drive C and look in Program files and programs files 86, we verify that there is no folder called Corsair or iCUE, then we go to %Appdata% and locally we delete the Corsair/iCUE folder, The same with Roaming, finally we go to REGEDIT and look in the HKEY CURRENT USER and Software part, the same in HKEY LOCAL MAHCINE and we eliminate anything that has to do with Corsair. We proceed with the restart and installation from 0, with this we prevent files from the previous version from conflicting with the new one.

Same problem...
I don't think it's fair to not be able to install previous versions of iCue since these problems happen all too often...
This is really frustrating, I only wanted to buy Corsair components for my current PC and for the umpteenth time nothing works...

On 11/22/2023 at 10:43 PM, DoNotAimAtMe said:

Hello,

I have exactly the same problem and have forwarded all the required logs to support (ticket #2006550469).

Furthermore, the update of iCue to the latest version somehow causes problems on my PC.

When I start the PC, the monitors stay black until I turn both monitors off and on again. I have only had this problem since I updated iCUe.

When can we finally expect a fix for the last messed up version?

Have any of you had any strange side effects since then?

Hello, no side effect for me but iCUE works like a charm since I have reverted back to v4

• Like 1

image.png.d9ba21b7d5c3f0c22620defaa6e45434.png

I have a slightly different issue but again related to 5.8.130 as this never happened previously. Looking at the log it fails during USB hid initialisation. I'll see the full icue window with 1 device briefly before this crash. Only seems to happen about 30% of the time though. Which is still to often. Give us the option to roll back while a solution is being worked on as this is extremely frustrating.

21 hours ago, Andrestebanjv said:

I found a solution on Reddit and it seemed to work:

It's time to uninstall the iCUE 5, then we go to the local drive C and look in Program files and programs files 86, we verify that there is no folder called Corsair or iCUE, then we go to %Appdata% and locally we delete the Corsair/iCUE folder, The same with Roaming, finally we go to REGEDIT and look in the HKEY CURRENT USER and Software part, the same in HKEY LOCAL MAHCINE and we eliminate anything that has to do with Corsair. We proceed with the restart and installation from 0, with this we prevent files from the previous version from conflicting with the new one.

those are the instructions on Corsair’s site for doing a clean uninstall/reinstall of iCUE. Sadly, they didn’t work for me, the problem with iCUE5 came right back.