Corsair Community

K100 Air Keyboard keeps getting forgotten

Go to solution Solved by Salsiccia,

I have a new K100 Air Keyboard, currently connected to my work laptop via the USB cable as I am still tinkering with the lighting settings which I cannot do over Bluetooth.

I have noticed that several times a day iCue will seem to forget about the keyboard and it just vanished from the devices screen. I disconnect the USB cable from the top of the keyboard and reconnect it after a couple of seconds and suddenly it reappears again.

I do have the keyboard also paired to the laptop via bluetooth and I am now wondering if this is causing some kind of conflict and iCue is confused about how to talk to the keyboard.

If noone has any better suggestions I will try unpairing the keyboard and leave the only connection as the USB cable for a few days and see if the behaviour changes.

Update:
I plugged in a Dark Core RGB Pro SE mouse, just to charge in prep for setting it up later on.

iCue recognised it and now reports 2 devices - the K100 Air and the mouse and shows the mouse charging - all good.

I unplugged the mouse and hour or so late as I needed the cable to recharge my tablet and my K100 Air disappeared again. Had to unplug the keyboard and reconnect to get it recognised again.

Something is not right here - I am running latest iCue software and latest firmware for both devices.

I have now unpaired the K100 Air from Bluetooth and it is now solely USB connected. Will monitor behaviour this way for a while

• Solution

Latest change is I have reversed the above test and the K100 is now Bluetooth paired only and USB is disconnected and the behaviour is now what I want. iCue does not need to be running and I can cycle through the profiles via the keyboard and so far the connection has not been lost.

So it appears that iCue gets confused when the keyboard has 2 different concurrent connections (Bluetooth pairing and USB cable). I guess in some way this is sort of understandable, but I do recall years ago in earlier versions of Windows it was possible to set NIC binding order where if you had multiple NICs on a computer, both connected (for redundancy, or bridging or whatever) you could specify which connection to use first and then drop back to the second (or third or ...) as necessary.

So my solution is to stick with Bluetooth and then revert to cable when I need to make profile changes, check for firmware/software upgrades, charge the battery etc.