Corsair Community

K100 Air - Hardware lighting requires iCue running to work

I have saved 3 differed HW lighting profiles for my new K100 Air.

I want Hardware Lighting because I do not want to have iCue running all the time and I prefer to manually flick between the profiles via the KB switch.

It appears though that unless I have iCue running AND the Hardware Lighting entry selected the profiles do not work. As long as iCue is running and Hardware Lighting is selected then manually flicking between the different profiles via the keyboard works fine.

It also appears that even minimizing iCue (but still running) it will occasionally deselect the Hardware lighting entry and therefore stop working. Sometimes disconnecting and reconnecting the keyboard cable will fix this and sometimes it won't. (I am running the keyboard physically connected at the moment as I am still fine tuning the profiles and I cannot do this over Bluetooth, but I can live with the cable for the time being.

Screenshot attached of the HW Profiles section of the K100 Air as well as current status of software.

K100 iCue Status.jpg

P.S. - Ignore the System specs, that is my main gaming machine. This issue is on a work laptop, but I hadn't set it up as a system spec when I made the post, but that should not be relevant. Only Corsair device in play here is the K100 Air.