Corsair Community

Commander Core XT - RGB not working after firmware update

Go to solution Solved by nino313,

I've had a Commander Core XT working for almost a year now without any problems.  Several regular PWM fans, 3 Corsair QL-series RGB fans, 2 temp probes, and a series of RGB strips on the 3 pin RGB header.

I updated the firmware today after getting a notification, and the update seemed to go without any problems.  Afterwards though my RGBs are all blinking white.  Just a slow once per second blink.  I'm not able to control any of the RGB devices with iCue.

I've rebooted several times, moved the CORE XT to a different USB header, disconnected all but one RGB device, and reinstalled the firmware and iCUE with no effect.  All the temp monitoring and fan control work just fine.

Running auto-detect also no longer detects any RGB devices, it just sits at the auto-detection screen forever, regardless if all, 1 or no fans are plugged in.

I've looked for an old firmware file to try down-grading, but I can't seem to find any.

Any ideas, or is this just an RMA.

I'm having the same issues. Was prompted for an update yesterday and afterwards its blinking the default colors every 1 second. Tried everything you tried too and same issues.

Was working fine for over 1 year until this update. 

• Solution
On 3/30/2023 at 12:15 PM, Bandalo said:

I've had a Commander Core XT working for almost a year now without any problems.  Several regular PWM fans, 3 Corsair QL-series RGB fans, 2 temp probes, and a series of RGB strips on the 3 pin RGB header.

I updated the firmware today after getting a notification, and the update seemed to go without any problems.  Afterwards though my RGBs are all blinking white.  Just a slow once per second blink.  I'm not able to control any of the RGB devices with iCue.

I've rebooted several times, moved the CORE XT to a different USB header, disconnected all but one RGB device, and reinstalled the firmware and iCUE with no effect.  All the temp monitoring and fan control work just fine.

Running auto-detect also no longer detects any RGB devices, it just sits at the auto-detection screen forever, regardless if all, 1 or no fans are plugged in.

I've looked for an old firmware file to try down-grading, but I can't seem to find any.

Any ideas, or is this just an RMA.

If you're still having the issue, this fixed it for me

https://help.corsair.com/hc/en-us/articles/360027502932-HWiNFO64-conflict-with-coolers-and-iCUE

Reboot afterwards and it should work

• Thanks 1