Corsair Community

Sabre RGB Pro not turning on after update

Gian15

5 hours ago, cipotar said:

i use your bin file but dont work 😞

resim_2022-12-06_140348836.png

strange. maybe you should try updating again after replacing the file or delete icue and reinstall it again as mentioned above.

On 11/27/2022 at 2:22 PM, YoungVegabond said:

use paper clip or toothpick and press and hold the small button underneat the mouse, then connect it to your computer while still hding the button until a screen with the old firmware will apear replace the old firmware with the new one i uploaded and it should fix the problem. enjoy.

That did the trick!  Thanks so much.

8 hours ago, guacam0le_ said:

For some reason I can't open .bin files. Is there a way you can change it to other than a .bin file?

you dont need to open the bin file, just replace it with the new one and it should work. 

First, thank you YoungVegabond for sharing this & the bin file! 🤙

Second, it didn't work for me as described, but I got it to work with the steps below:

On 11/27/2022 at 6:09 PM, YoungVegabond said:

so i bought a new one and it seems to be working fine now, i copied its firmware file so now you can replace the old one and it should be fixed.

enjoy.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1J4MtYs8IJkf7eYBYWBbykFwhn2Qy-dQp/view?usp=share_link

On 11/27/2022 at 7:22 PM, YoungVegabond said:

use paper clip or toothpick and press and hold the small button underneat the mouse, then connect it to your computer while still hding the button until a screen with the old firmware will apear replace the old firmware with the new one i uploaded and it should fix the problem. enjoy.

I'm on a Mac and when I followed the above instructions, the drive appears as CPR DISABLD.
When I delete the .bin file, and copy over the old-working .bin file from YoungVegabond's Google Drive link above, the drive said it did not have enough space, 4kb extra was needed.

I hard reset (paperclip) it again, and when CPR DISABLD appeared, I used terminal to remove the .bin file and copy in the old-working .bin file.
To do this, open terminal and run:

$ diskutil list

This will show you the system identifier of the mouse drive, e.g. disk2
Then go to the mouse drive:

$ cd /Volumes/disk2

remove .bin file

$ rm firmware.bin

copy old-working .bin file (from where ever you saved the download)

$ cp ~/Downloads/firmware.bin .

I did not get the out of space message. If you do, try repairing the volume and try the copy again:

$ diskutil repairVolume disk2

With the old-working firmware.bin on board, then I did a soft reset:
- plug out mouse
- hold both left & right buttons
- while holding both buttons, plug mouse in
- after 5 seconds, release mouse buttons
- lights on mouse turn on.

(I read in other threads that you might have to do 2 soft resets, but 1 worked for me).
I don't know if the steps on a Windows machine are similar or will work, but in summary:

- remove existing firmware.bin file
- erase or reformat drive to make space for YoungVegabond working .bin file ( via command line it explorer/disk manager doesn't work).
- copy YoungVegabond working .bin file
- do a soft reset

I am still in shock that any software team, or company would release a firmware update into the wild that bricks their hardware.
Good luck everyone.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, lyrad said:

First, thank you YoungVegabond for sharing this & the bin file! 🤙

Second, it didn't work for me as described, but I got it to work with the steps below:

I'm on a Mac and when I followed the above instructions, the drive appears as CPR DISABLD.
When I delete the .bin file, and copy over the old-working .bin file from YoungVegabond's Google Drive link above, the drive said it did not have enough space, 4kb extra was needed.

I hard reset (paperclip) it again, and when CPR DISABLD appeared, I used terminal to remove the .bin file and copy in the old-working .bin file.
To do this, open terminal and run:

$ diskutil list

This will show you the system identifier of the mouse drive, e.g. disk2
Then go to the mouse drive:

$ cd /Volumes/disk2

remove .bin file

$ rm firmware.bin

copy old-working .bin file (from where ever you saved the download)

I did not get the out of space message. If you do, try repairing the volume and try the copy again:

With the old-working firmware.bin on board, then I did a soft reset:
- plug out mouse
- hold both left & right buttons
- while holding both buttons, plug mouse in
- after 5 seconds, release mouse buttons
- lights on mouse turn on.

(I read in other threads that you might have to do 2 soft resets, but 1 worked for me).
I don't know if the steps on a Windows machine are similar or will work, but in summary:

- remove existing firmware.bin file
- erase or reformat drive to make space for YoungVegabond working .bin file ( via command line it explorer/disk manager doesn't work).
- copy YoungVegabond working .bin file
- do a soft reset

I am still in shock that any software team, or company would release a firmware update into the wild that bricks their hardware.
Good luck everyone.

thankns for the information man, glad you found a way to make it work 🙂

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hey guys I have the same problem, but I can’t manage to get to the window where I can replace the bin. 
Windows doesn’t show the mouse in device manager either so I don’t know a way to locate it. Could anyone tell me if you mean the small hole next to the sensor with “small button” ? I tried it as you described but nothing happened for me. Or does anyone know how to manually find the place where I can replace bin ? 

B8E9ED83-4B3F-4125-A104-B2989C7B215C.jpeg

• 4 weeks later...

Wow.... I just posted a question wondering if I should update my firmware for the wireless receiver for this mouse.  I now know that I WILL NOT be updating anything if it works fine as is.

I have updated corsair products in the past and have had similar things to this happen.

Thank you guys for saving me a world of pain.  It just sucks that these sort of things happen. Especially when iCue wont stop nagging you until you do the update.

Hope everyone eventually managed to get their mice working again.

• 1 month later...
On 09.12.2022 at 03:07, lyrad said:

Öncelikle, YoungVegabond'a bunu ve çöp kutusu dosyasını paylaştığınız için teşekkür ederiz! 🤙

İkincisi, benim için açıklandığı gibi çalışmadı, ancak aşağıdaki adımlarla çalışmasını sağladım:

Mac kullanıyorum ve yukarıdaki talimatları uyguladığımda, sürücü CPR DEVRE DIŞI olarak görünüyor.
.bin dosyasını silip yukarıdaki YoungVegabond'un Google Drive bağlantısından eski çalışan .bin dosyasının üzerine kopyaladığımda, sürücüde yeterli alan olmadığını, fazladan 4kb gerektiğini söyledi.

Yeniden sıfırladım (ataş) ve CPR DISABLD göründüğünde, .bin dosyasını kaldırmak ve eski çalışan .bin dosyasına kopyalamak için terminali kullandım.
Bunu yapmak için terminali açın ve şunu çalıştırın:

$ diskutil list

Bu size fare sürücüsünün sistem tanımlayıcısını gösterecektir, örneğin disk2
Sonra fare sürücüsüne gidin:

$ cd /Volumes/disk2

.bin dosyasını kaldır

$ rm firmware.bin

kopya eski -çalışan .bin dosyası (indirmeyi kaydettiğiniz yerden)

Alan dışı mesajını almadım. Bunu yaparsanız, birimi onarmayı deneyin ve kopyayı yeniden deneyin:

Eski çalışan aygıt yazılımı.bin yerleşikken yazılım sıfırlaması yaptım:
- fareyi çıkarın
- hem sol hem de sağ düğmeleri basılı tutun
- her iki düğmeyi de basılı tutarken fareyi prize
takın - 5 saniye sonra fare düğmelerini bırakın
- farede ışıklar aç.

(Diğer konularda 2 yazılım sıfırlaması yapmanız gerekebileceğini okudum, ancak 1 benim için çalıştı).
Bir Windows makinesindeki adımların benzer olup olmadığını veya işe yarayıp yaramayacağını bilmiyorum ama özet olarak:

- mevcut firmware.bin dosyasını kaldırın
- YoungVegabond çalışan .bin dosyasına yer açmak için sürücüyü silin veya yeniden biçimlendirin (komut satırı aracılığıyla, gezgin/disk yöneticisi çalışmaz).
- YoungVegabond çalışan .bin dosyasını kopyalayın
- yazılımdan sıfırlama yapın

Herhangi bir yazılım ekibinin veya şirketin, donanımlarını tuğla haline getiren vahşi bir ürün yazılımı güncellemesi yayınlayacağı konusunda hala şoktayım.
Herkese iyi şanslar.

can you help for windows?

• 2 weeks later...