Corsair Community

I cannot delete some Corsair files?

c3k

Folks,

I'm trying to completely uninstall all Corsair iCUE software and do a clean install of the latest 3.34.170.

But...

Following the FAQ, here: https://help.corsair.com/hc/en-us/articles/360025166712-Perform-a-clean-reinstallation-of-the-Corsair-Utility-Engine-iCUE-

There are several problems not covered.

1. The Control Panel does NOT allow me to uninstall. It hangs at 13%. I've tried it several times with different settings (iCue open, closed in the task manager, etc.)

2. After following the rest of the faq, I have the following files left over and my Win10 refuses to let me delete any of them. Here they are (see header for location):

Crap. I cannot upload a file??? C"mon.

Fine:

Program Files(x86)/Corsair/Corsair Utility Engine/

1. CorsairLLAccess64.sys

2. CorsairLLAccessLib32.dll

3. CueLLAccessService

4. Qt5Core.dll

5. Qt5Network.dll

6. Qt5RemoteObjects.dll

Nothing I can do will delete any of the above 6 files.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

You may have some orphaned services and drivers lingering. Open a Command Prompt as Administrator (right-click, select Run as Administrator) and run the below sc.exe delete commands to make sure all orphaned services and drivers have been removed from the Windows registry. After you do that, reboot and try deleting those files again.

sc.exe delete CorsairGamingAudioService

sc.exe delete CorsairGamingAudioConfig

sc.exe delete CorsairVBusDriver

sc.exe delete CorsairVHidDriver

sc.exe delete CorsairLLAccess3B84E98236B28D4E075D5737DF9F567A1FB76E8A

sc.exe delete CorsairLLAService

sc.exe delete CorsairService

You may have some orphaned services and drivers lingering. Open a Command Prompt as Administrator (right-click, select Run as Administrator) and run the below sc.exe delete commands to make sure all orphaned services and drivers have been removed from the Windows registry. After you do that, reboot and try deleting those files again.

sc.exe delete CorsairGamingAudioService

sc.exe delete CorsairGamingAudioConfig

sc.exe delete CorsairVBusDriver

sc.exe delete CorsairVHidDriver

sc.exe delete CorsairLLAccess3B84E98236B28D4E075D5737DF9F567A1FB76E8A

sc.exe delete CorsairLLAService

sc.exe delete CorsairService

Thanks. Cross-posted. I just rebooted into Safe Mode and was able to delete it. (That makes me think you're right about some orphaned services.)

Regards,

Ken

• Like 1

WTF.

This is the software that refuses to die.

Despite deleting every trace of iCUE, my Settings/Apps/Uninstall STILL shows iCUE 3.27.68. Yet, whenever I try to uninstall, I get a "The specified account already exists" and it stops uninstalling.

I've deleted EVERY Corsair folder in Program Files (x86), %appdata%, %localappdata$, regedit both local machine and current user.

I have NO clue how there's even an uninstall option in my settings for 3.27.68.

In frustration, I tried to install v3.34.170 OVER my ghost 3.27.68, but I get the same "the specified account already exists" and it stops the install.

Grrrr.

I believe I have come across the "The specified account already exists" message in my days. It is an MSI Installer message. Unfortunately, it was so long ago that I don't remember what I had to do to deal with it. Did you try installing 3.27.68 again from the original installation file and then running the uninstall after? Maybe the MSI database/cache for that package is corrupt. Reinstalling should fix that allowing for proper uninstall.

I believe I have come across the "The specified account already exists" message in my days. It is an MSI Installer message. Unfortunately, it was so long ago that I don't remember what I had to do to deal with it. Did you try installing 3.27.68 again from the original installation file and then running the uninstall after? Maybe the MSI database/cache for that package is corrupt. Reinstalling should fix that allowing for proper uninstall.

Hmm...Good idea. I've got nothing to lose (at this point).

Off to try...

Okay, I downloaded this: https://support.microsoft.com/en-ca/help/17588/windows-fix-problems-that-block-programs-being-installed-or-removed

It's a Microsoft tool that should help in my situation. Amazingly, it did! I ran it, and it took some time. (Running an AMD 3700x with stuff. ;) )

Anyway, afterwards, I ran the v3.34.140 installer. It hung at ~74% with a window message "Installer not responding" (or "stopped working"?): "Cancel" or "Retry" were the options. I hit "retry" and the installer finished.

It should not be this difficult...