Corsair Community

ICUE High voltage and cores not sleeping solution on 3900x.

Mikhail1626866603

I changed my Icue lighting effect to static and now my cores go to sleep and my voltage is much lower. Can someone try this and see if it works for you. When I switch it back to light effect the cores stop sleeping and voltage goes up. I also limited software control for corsair rgb ram. It makes the voltage average even lower. Im on the newest version. Hope this helps

I managed to make it work with a custom windows power plan "sz Ryzen Balanced V4"

Not ideal but better than default. It idles at ~0.98V - closing iCUE it will idle at <0.8V instead of being locked to 1.48V all the time.

This will also gimp your performance a tiny little bit. Might not be noticiable unless you run benchmarks.

• 1 month later...

If you switch to hardware control you can leave iCue closed if you don't want the additional CPU usage however you won't have as many effects. I do this for the fans and light strips.

(The fan RGB might require commander pro if I remember correctly.)

Edited by A Computer Guy

I managed to make it work with a custom windows power plan "sz Ryzen Balanced V4"

Not ideal but better than default. It idles at ~0.98V - closing iCUE it will idle at <0.8V instead of being locked to 1.48V all the time.

This will also gimp your performance a tiny little bit. Might not be noticiable unless you run benchmarks.

What does your power plan do that gives you the lower usage with icue??