Corsair Community

Suspicious Ram issue

auzzyboy

Hey, I have had my Ram installed since building my pc and have always had a problem with blue screens/games crashing etc. One particular blue screen error led me to believe that my Ram may be the culprit.. Anyways since altering my Ram setting from default (auto - 2133mhz) in the bios to an overclocked 2400mhz I no longer have any crashes/bsod but games become unplayable by which I mean being shot in fps games I go down instantly and shooting I can physically see my bullets go straight through people?? (feels like the computer isn't syncing up with what is on the display). Their is a distinctive difference when altering the ram settings. When on the stock setting games feel so much more responsive however as mentioned I get the frustrating crashing that comes with it?

Also I noticed it crashes much more often when having multiple applications open at one given time - say a game running and icue or Microsoft edge running in the background?

By any chance would this a faulty ram stick or could be something other than that?

Pc -

cpu - i7 7700k

gpu - msi 1060 armor 6gb

ram - corsair 2 x 8gb lpx vengeance 3000mhz

mobo - msi krait gaming z270

psu - corsair rm550x

cpu cooler - corsair h100i aio

Edited by auzzyboy

Thanks for the reply I will try the memtest later tonight to see if it throws up any errors..

I checked to make sure the ram was compatible before purchasing via the msi website and I have ran the sfc scan command with no issues?

I did notice the bsod gave the error Wdf01000.sys? Seems to indicate a windows driver error which I assume is related to my ram since I don't get the error once overclocked but it does create other issues which seem to be latency related?

I have also tried a full clean install of Windows and the problem still persists