Corsair Community

Maintain Repeating Macro While Another is Pressed?

SMM

Can iCue perform the following with two separate repeating macros assigned to two different keys “while pressed:”

1. Press and hold G1 key -> Macro 1 starts

2. Press and hold G2 key -> Macro 2 starts (Macro 1 pauses or continues at the same time as Macro 2. If both macro 1 and Macro 2 continue at the same time, the keys assigned within the macros are woven together.)

3. Release G2 key -> Macro 2 stops, Macro 1 continues

4. Release G1 key -> Macro 1 stops

Back in 2017 iCue could not do this. Can it do it now?

Will someone please test this out for me? It should only take 5 minutes and it doesn't matter if you have a keyboard or mouse. All you have to do is:

1. Create a macro that will repeat over and over again while pressed. Just try the number keys 1, 2, 3, and 4. Then assign this macro to any key or button and make sure it's set to repeat while pressed. We'll call this macro 1.

2. Create another repeating macro just like in step 1, This time set it to repeat number keys 5, 6, and 7. Assign this macro to another key or button and set it to repeat while pressed. This is macro 2.

3. Time to test it out. Press and hold the macro 1 button.

4. Press and hold the macro 2 button. Do not release the macro 1 button.

5. After a few seconds, release the macro 2 button. Still keep the macro 1 button pressed.

6. Now the big question: after you release the macro 2 button in step 5, is macro 1 still repeating itself?

Thank you to whomever can test this out for me!

• 2 months later...

I am one of those people as well that have come back since 2017 to look at the forums to see if iCUE can do this yet.

At least from Feb 2020 it can't, it seems.

https://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=193943&highlight=macro

I'll just keep using Razer I guess... My K95 RGB, scimitar, and M880 have been sitting in my closet for years now. Wish I noticed this major flaw in iCUE when I could return them and saved the ~$300 they cost. Hopefully iCUE will add this functionality before we move to controlling our computers with your brain or something.

Edit: The biggest problem is that the Scimitar needs macros for the thumb buttons to work. So if you have any repeating macro running the thumb buttons don't work LOL!

Edited by ChaosBlades