Corsair Community

What to do about top vents on 270R?

charlesrr

I have a new build in a Corsair 270R (not glass version). So there's a fan at the back that sucks air out and the PSU is mounted in the base. There are vents on the sides of the front bezel where air comes in, but also almost the entire top surface is vented. I'm not using any fans in the top surface. What's everyone else doing in this situation? Leave it open for more venting and but also more dust? Or seal it off with something?

• Corsair Employee
I have a new build in a Corsair 270R (not glass version). So there's a fan at the back that sucks air out and the PSU is mounted in the base. There are vents on the sides of the front bezel where air comes in, but also almost the entire top surface is vented. I'm not using any fans in the top surface. What's everyone else doing in this situation? Leave it open for more venting and but also more dust? Or seal it off with something?

For the 270R, you can add fans up top as they would help the heat curve (see picture) and expel more of the hot air inside of the case.

Although I have seen cases that have a cover on the top to create more of a "tunnel" to direct hot air out of one single rear fan. I've seen more of that setup with air coolers as their directing airflow right to the rear exhaust fan anyway.

Hope this helps!

5bc4f2c127af6fddbe9a8ca222f877a4.png