Corsair Community

NO USB 2.0 Headers on my motherboard

ccecil

I am trying to figure out how to get the following hardware to work. My motherboard only contains 1x USB 3.0 header and 0 USB 2.0 headers. (100% New Build)

Question 1. Does the h80i v2 and RM650i need to be connected to a USB header or Can they just be connected to the commander mini?

Question 2. I see there are 2 different connections for the RM650i. one is USB cable (9-pin) and the other is Corsair Link Cable (4-pin). Since I have the commander mini can I just use the Corsair Link Cable (4-pin)?

Question 3. Why does each C-Link device require a USB connection? I'm assuming it is for the software to detect the hardware.

Question 4. Would using something like this and connecting the h80i v2 and RM650i using this work?

Mobo: MAXIMUS VIII IMPACT

Cooler: H80i v2

PSU: RM650i

Corsair Commander Mini

Thanks in advance

1) You can connect the RM650i via the CL Mini but not the H80iV2.

2) Yes, just use the 4-pin.

4) As below would be what I would use. I found http://www.ebay.com/itm//162003692892 and suspect you could find a local supplier.

5) I suspect a NZXT IU01 will also be needed, though you could move the pins.

6) You should add your PC Specs to your profile rather than post them.

attachment.php?attachmentid=24641&stc=1&d=1457824790

2006269634_USB3toUSB2header.jpg.3cb8347ef0d596006490909c8a847bed.jpg

• 2 months later...
I am trying to figure out how to get the following hardware to work. My motherboard only contains 1x USB 3.0 header and 0 USB 2.0 headers. (100% New Build)

Question 1. Does the h80i v2 and RM650i need to be connected to a USB header or Can they just be connected to the commander mini?

Question 2. I see there are 2 different connections for the RM650i. one is USB cable (9-pin) and the other is Corsair Link Cable (4-pin). Since I have the commander mini can I just use the Corsair Link Cable (4-pin)?

Question 3. Why does each C-Link device require a USB connection? I'm assuming it is for the software to detect the hardware.

Question 4. Would using something like this and connecting the h80i v2 and RM650i using this work?

Mobo: MAXIMUS VIII IMPACT

Cooler: H80i v2

PSU: RM650i

Corsair Commander Mini

Thanks in advance

I only know the pain that you are going through CCecil. I have the same Moby. I have also ordered the NZXT and all the necessary cables. I have also ordered a USB 3.0 Y lead. The lead is for the front panel audio and the USB 3.0 Card reader that I have. I got the cable from http://www.moddiy.com/

It's called a ( 20-Pin USB 3.0 Internal Header Y Splitter Cable (12cm)

Hope that this helps. :D:

PS. I am also looking for a U.2 to M.2 adaptor and leade. I found a place in the US that sells them but the cost is dreadfully high. $50 for the adaptor and another $50 for the lead + postage and TAX . They have Free shipping in the US I think! I will uuck them up again mapy you or someone else might find the info useful.:idea:

Cheers.

Mike Irish

Well there's another PS! now. PS. I found it. I have the link for the U.2 to M.2 For you http://www.microsatacables.com/m2-to-u2-sff8639-pcie-x4-gen-3-adapter-sff-937-4xgen3

Archived