Corsair Community

H100i and Windows 8.1 solution.

wolfwood3081

I have been looking for a fix for awhile to get my h100i to recognize in corsair link and on my system in general. I found part of it in a youtube video and pieced the rest together from a post linked further down. So I thought I would share it here for anyone that may be having the same problem.

First, goto here and follow the instructions to make sure the device is showing up in device manager. The instructions are as follows:

1) Right click the first HID-compliant device(the instructions are for windows 7, on windows 8.1 mine was "HID-compliant vendor-defined device") and select 'Properties'

2) Select the 'Details' tab

3) Click on the drop down 'Property' box (should already say 'Device description') and select 'Hardware Ids'

4) You're looking for 'HID\VID_1B1C&PID_0C04' or 'HID\VID_1B1C&PID_0C04&REV_0200'

5) Repeat for every HID-compliant device in the list, until you find it. If you cannot find it in device manager then you are having a connection problem and need to check the usb cable between the h100i and your motherboard.

After finding it you can do the following to get it to recognize in Corsair Link:

1) Goto registry editor. windows key+r and enter regedit.

2) Navigate to the following:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\USB\VID_1B1C&PID_0C04

3) Under that there will be at least one folder with gibberish for names, go into device parameters for each one and change the values to 0 for each of the following:

AllowIdleIrpInD3

DeviceSelectiveSuspended

EnhancedPowerManagementEnabled

SelectiveSuspendEnabled

4)Reboot

I did this a few days ago and my h100i is now recognized in device manager and corsair link with every reboot and all of my setting are sticking(LED color, fan speeds, etc). I am running the current version of Corsair Link from the download section and Windows 8.1 Pro. I have also listed my computer build in my profile if there are any questions. I wish I could find the source video again to give him credit.

As far as I can tell this changes the USB settings for this one device and not all of the USB, so it shouldn't mess with anything else. I hope this is helpful.

Thanks for the info, I have been patiently waiting for them to get the bugs worked out in the beta software they have out for running in Windows 8.1, but starting to run out of that patience. I have been waiting to overclock my new rig until I could control my H100i through the Link software, if it gets to be much longer I will give this a try.

• 1 year later...

Archived