Corsair Community

iCUE Crashes immediately (screen flashes for 2 seconds)

shazman

Hi,

Just got a new build up and running. Everything was playing nice until I got my Reverb G2 and while I am not sure if this correlates or not but once I setup all my LED profiles in iCUE I hadnt bothered messing with it. But today after doing some VR sessions I noticed my fan profiles are just not as aggressive as I'd like them to be. So umm, I tried to launch iCUE but I cannot get it to start to save my life. It launches, the main screen shows up, frozen for about 2 seconds and then vanishes. I uninstalled and reinstalled the latest version from 2 days ago and still the same issue.

Lots of things happened since the last time I ran iCUE.. I updated Windows, Installed Fanatec drivers, installed SimRacingStudio, and installed Windows Mixed Reality service for the Reverb G2 as well as fpsVR. So I don't know if any of those have caused a conflict although I have tried making sure all of those were closed and still could not launch iCUE successfully.

I just wanna adjust my fan curves haha, am I SOL?

Interestingly I had the same problem after setting up my Reverb G2 yesterday. After tearing my hair out and trying many different things I hit on the solution. What worked for me is to delete the sub-folders inside the Corsair\Corsair iCue Software\plugins folder in your C: drive. Mine had 4 folders - Asus, 2 Lenovo folders and something else I can't remember. I deleted all but the Asus folder since I have an Asus motherboard. All good now.

Interestingly I had the same problem after setting up my Reverb G2 yesterday. After tearing my hair out and trying many different things I hit on the solution. What worked for me is to delete the sub-folders inside the Corsair\Corsair iCue Software\plugins folder in your C: drive. Mine had 4 folders - Asus, 2 Lenovo folders and something else I can't remember. I deleted all but the Asus folder since I have an Asus motherboard. All good now.

You son of a gun! That did the trick! Thank you..

Is it a coincidence? Shazmak helping Shazman? lol

• 4 weeks later...