Corsair Community

Corsair Force LE Speed Test, and My Broken Brain

Ben480

This is my 1st post here and I would of Loved to post a more positive message/question, but here it goes...

My Corsair Force LE SSD is plugged into a SATA III 6.0Gb/s port. Here are my Sequential/Write Speed results after Fresh install of old Windows 7...

DiskMark64_mx83lXiwgj.png.4da730aee88789524323fa4a186b9377.png

Awesome Speeds!! :bigeyes:

Anyway, Yes that is correct, back to Windows 7 from scratch because I simply Love it to death, and hate Windows 8 and 10. But anyhoo...

I am trying to make this post short but my brain is broken up in some areas due to a stroke years back, and sometimes I can't stop writing but thats a much longer story which I'll spare you from...

Anyone want to try to explain this? I use to be pretty geeky with anything PC before the stroke and custom built them and tweaked them since the 80's, but I must of missed something along the way that will make me look as dumb as a rock...:sigh!: or SSD is actually really dying on me :[pouts:

Of course Windows 7 does'nt know anything about this SSD which made me think, oh, a driver issue...Thats an easy fix :eek:

Windows 7 installed a 2006 driver, and no support anymore for Windows 7 so I am stuck with no good driver.

Snappy Drivers theres nothing, and no driver softwares either or anywhere online for that matter!! :eek:

I come here, and no drivers either in download section :eek:

Last resort is to post here for possibly a native driver for this SSD if it even exists which I doubt.

Everything points to a driver issue... I am really stuck guys and gals...

Granted, I have not searched this forum for similar issues, but anyway, I wanted to join up this forum anyways for a long time and help other folks as I am bored as heck in a wheelchair not working anymore...

This SSD's never gave me such issue and was awesome for 2 whole years. :)

:idea: Just thinking something I didn't try is install Windows 10 just temporarily and see if it installs an acceptable driver and then revert back to my Brand New Fresh backed up install of Windows 7... hmm... probably will try that later...

I have a hard time believing that my Corsair SSD has suddenly died after about 2 years of usage, granted I admit I'm at my PC about 12 hours a day...Is it dying on me?

Anyone want to try their luck resolving this out with my broken brain?

Waiting for someone who is brave enough to want to dig into this issue with me and perhaps save this poor SSD from being thrown away in the recycle bin :[pouts:

Took me 30 min to join this forum and 3 hours to write. Hope this post was short and to the point :sigh!:

Ben 480

Edited by Ben480
Found the issue, was plugged in USB2 or maybe 1 port...LOL

Found the issue, was plugged in USB2 or maybe 1 port...My son said I was never plugged in a USB 3 port for 2 years after checking back of PC and manual for the USB3 ports location...No Wonder why my backups on this drive was so slow...LOL

Ben480

Found the issue, was plugged in USB2 or maybe 1 port...My son said I was never plugged in a USB 3 port for 2 years after checking back of PC and manual for the USB3 ports location...No Wonder why my backups on this drive was so slow...LOL

Ben480

Oh My My, now my son is not sure anymore if I was or not, here is pic of back panel connections.

SumatraPDF_gPCJN22nqT.png.de5ff69655aa4d8d5d05a2fc2209dd0d.png

Ben480

Please don't laugh, Son looked in back as I cannot get up from wheelchair and look myself and he told me I was plugged in USB 3 at the bottom per Back Panel diagram in manual, and plugged it back there but USBTree shows its plugged in an enhanced Host controller port thus a USB 2 port.

In fact anywhere I plug it USBTree says its plugging in Enhance section and never in USB3 extensible controller section??

Is this a chipset issue? Wrong driver??

I don't remember the order in which all the drivers must be installed, Can anyone tell me step by step? Here is a pic of my device manager expanded...

bVJDdVjTyo.thumb.png.3349e9d1049e1d7f2eaf4ed09aca9af6.png

So something is still very wrong, and I think I'll go crazy...

Edited by Ben480
Unsure, Need help...and not use to how to use this forum yet...