Corsair Community

Trouble Controlling Fans

pmistrata

Purchased Corsair Link Cooling Kit and is having some issues controlling the fans. The 3 fans that are giving me some difficulties are 2 Bitfenix's Spectre Pro 200mm with Red LEDs and LEPA Vortex 140mm PWM fan. So all excited that I would be able to finally monitor my fans with this kit to be let down today. So I have update all of the firmware today with the cooling node at 1.2.5 and commander at 2.0.6.

The 2 Bitfenix fans are making a ticking noise with the leds flickering. The fans are also hard to control. When changing the control the fan stops the sensor reading is all over the place. I have them sorta in control now but with a ticking an leds flickering at 759 rpm.

The LEPA Vortex I have two of these on my case one is being properly controlled the other is way under the custom curve. Which at 25.5 C for the sensor should be around 890rpm and is actually running at 579rpm.

If there is anything I can do that could alleviate this problem it would be much appreciated.

Thanks

the link was designed to control the fans that come with the hydro coolers

there are some others it will control but no specific list corsair is working on this tho,but led fans will not work or fans above 120mm.

This sounds like an easy FW fix on Corsair's end or the CoolIT. I was able to fix the controlling of the LEPA PWM with a reflash of the firmware for both the cooling node and the commander. I will just have to be patient till they come out with some sort of fix for the control of the 3 pin 200mm fans.

If anyone else has any ideas on solving this or having the same issue please do not hesitate to post.

i feel certain they will make good progress on this area,most expect perfect right off the bat but it is a huge task making every fan brand compatible

right now i just use stock fans as case fans but im looking and waiting to expand.of course there are some brands that work such as the tb enermax and if you read here youll find some other brands too..

Some quirckyniss of the software aside it seems to be controlling my noctua fan's just fine. No ticking or other noises that I can detect.

I use the cooling node with NF-S12A's and a NF-A15 (150mm) fan's. The H100i has 4x NF-F12 connected. All fans are PWM.

So I guess it's a bit hit or miss right now.

Archived