The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Corsair Utility Engine (CUE) 1.x and 2.x

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-06-2018, 03:30 PM

POST ID # = 975390
SpazSB Reputation: 10

I'm having an issue as well, a lot of programs take forever to start up unless I uninstall the HID Compliant devices, but then my Corsair hardware doesn't work correctly. Any word on it getting fixed yet? This problem only started happening when I got the K55 keyboard.

Last edited by SpazSB; 10-06-2018 at 03:40 PM.

Old 10-06-2018, 04:29 PM

POST ID # = 975396
avalach21 Reputation: 10

Hi Corsair... any chance you can fix this problem?

Old 10-07-2018, 12:25 PM
axl_sch's PC Specs

POST ID # = 975451
axl_sch Reputation: 10

Same problem here with K63 wireless, impossible to connect my DS4 Bluetooth until I remove the k63 dongle from the computer or uninstall Corsair virtual input

Old 10-31-2018, 03:54 PM

POST ID # = 978425
dillpunk Reputation: 10

I really hope there is a fix for this coming. OP's solution didn't work for me and it really sucks having to get up and unplug the dongle every time I want to use the controller. Especially since so many games use a combination of the controller AND the keyboard, rendering this keyboard useless for those. What a joke for such an expensive piece of hardware.

Old 11-14-2018, 10:33 AM

POST ID # = 980431

Hi Corsair, any updates on fixing this issue?

Old 12-04-2018, 12:20 AM
SiR_Carlos7's PC Specs

POST ID # = 983485
SiR_Carlos7 Reputation: 10

Sorry for reviving this, i only recently stumbled onto this while using Steam In-Home Streaming to a Steam Link with Steam Controller.
(Controller disconnects at random intervals)

Has anyone tried the BIOS mode on compatible Corsair Keyboards? this disables features and appears to revert the keyboard back to only static lighting etc.
I was testing using a ps4 controller and direct usb, when the issue occurred i was able to change this switch to BIOS and continue gaming.

Old 12-24-2018, 02:44 PM

POST ID # = 986818

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiR_Carlos7 View Post
Sorry for reviving this, i only recently stumbled onto this while using Steam In-Home Streaming to a Steam Link with Steam Controller.
(Controller disconnects at random intervals)

Has anyone tried the BIOS mode on compatible Corsair Keyboards? this disables features and appears to revert the keyboard back to only static lighting etc.
I was testing using a ps4 controller and direct usb, when the issue occurred i was able to change this switch to BIOS and continue gaming.
What BIOS mode? How do you switch it? I have since picked up a Logitech G613 on sale to avoid having to deal with this unresolved issue.

Old 01-01-2019, 05:40 PM
SiR_Carlos7's PC Specs

POST ID # = 987843
SiR_Carlos7 Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by avalach21 View Post
What BIOS mode? How do you switch it? I have since picked up a Logitech G613 on sale to avoid having to deal with this unresolved issue.
So on the front edge of the keyboard where the usb cable is attached, there is a switch to change the polling/refresh of the keyboard.
It should have some reference to MilliSeconds on it, (1, 2, 4, 8) and the Fifth setting after "8" setting is BIOS mode.
In this mode the Scroll Lock indicator will flash, this is said by Corsair to be intended for PC's that require input at BIOS level.

I believe it turns the keyboard into a simple USB input device, and it disables MOST animations and dynamic key lighting.
By switching the keyboard to this, and then straight back, i seem to have better luck using my Steam Controller.

However my pc is having other issues so i will be wiping and fresh installing again soon regardless.

Old 02-07-2019, 09:08 PM

POST ID # = 993100
G33k Reputation: 10

Anyone have any luck with this yet? The only work-around that I've found is restarting the pc, and making sure the controller connects before steam loads up. Total p.i.t.a. Love my k63/dark core/hs70 combo but this damn near makes me want to sell them all.

Old 03-20-2019, 01:30 AM

POST ID # = 998293
Steakface Reputation: 10

Kinda frustrating that this issue still persists almost a year later. Is it safe to assume Corsair won't be fixing this?

As of now the only workaround I can find is to unplug the keyboard whenever I launch Steam and turn on my controller, then plug it back in once everything loads up.

Old 03-21-2019, 03:54 PM

POST ID # = 998448
sojamann Reputation: 10

I started a thread with the issue of my ironclaw RGB just randomly stops working. There is no USB unplug sound or something, i just cannot move the cursor anymore until i'm pulling the mouse USB out and back in.

Could it be the same issue you guys are having?

Old 03-24-2019, 03:18 PM
DavieWeegie's PC Specs

POST ID # = 998817
DavieWeegie Reputation: 10

I'm another user of the K55 and have problems with Steam and Assetto Corsa and also the Windows controller screen freezing.

I pulled my hair out for months with this problem and it ended up its been the K55 causing my problems all along.

The amount of money I've spent on corsair products for it to turn out its the keyboard is annoying me no end, I have...

Corsair 275R case
Corsair H100i Pro RGB cooler
Corsair blue SP fans x 8
Corsair vengeance RGB 3200mhz ram (32gb)
Corsair cx850m PSU
Corsair K55 Keyboard
Corsair Harpoon mouse
Corsair Void RGB Headset
Corsair mm800 Polaris mousemat

Please Corsair fix this problem!

Last edited by DavieWeegie; 03-24-2019 at 03:25 PM.

Old 04-19-2019, 11:13 AM
Grizzlytamer68's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1001912
Grizzlytamer68 Reputation: 10

Hello all, i am new here, i decided to join up to fill you all in on the same crashes that others have been discussing. Yesterday i installed the H150I PRO and afetr many tries of the ICUE and Corsair link software, i still experienced crashes in steam, my mic for my RIG 800 wireless headset would stop working and my PC would lock up causing me to do a hard restart. I eventually uninstalled all software ( only tried one at a time ) and disconnected the USB cable from the pump and have had no issues since but now, i am stuck with my pump cycling through the diferent colors and it looks pretty ugly with the colors i have chosen with for my rig. I did submit a ticket to Corsair about this so we will see....also, i am using a Razer keyboard and mouse.

Old 04-21-2019, 04:55 PM
jasonelmore's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1002097
jasonelmore Reputation: 10

I'm having the same issues as everyone else. The only Corsair products I have are the Void Pro RGB Headset and a Corsair Scimitar Pro. My Keyboard is a Razer Blackwidow RGB. I found that I can avoid USB crashes if I completely shut down and disable iCUE software and services, but my headset stops working completely, and the side buttons on my scimitar no longer work. I'm to the point where I'm about to sell all my Corsair gear so I don't have to deal with these USB crashes anymore. This problem has caused many deaths in singleplayer games, and in two cases I've lost homework assignments to this bug. During the disconnect, the last key that was pressed on the keyboard repeats over and over until the USB hubs all boot back up. This has caused me to re-route all Corsair gear to the front USB ports so I can quickly plug and unplug them.

This problem is widespread. I just think there aren't many people reporting it, or they think it's their motherboard or some other hardware issue. I loathe contacting tech support about this issue because two or three days will be wasted on stuff i've already tried.

Corsair, please fix this issue or offer a light version of iCue that provides minimal features. Moving forward, start including microcontrollers inside your mice/keyboard/headsets that process and store RGB effects. Built it around the idea that the user will rarely change RGB effects on the fly. Maybe build up a library of effects and store them on the device, instead of relying on software hacks. /rant

Old 04-26-2019, 06:12 AM
Bastinazus's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1002620
Bastinazus Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steakface View Post
Kinda frustrating that this issue still persists almost a year later. Is it safe to assume Corsair won't be fixing this?
This issue has almost 2 years old now. At this point it's completely safe to assume Corsair won't do anything to fix this.

If your keyboard is still under warranty, just RMA it and never buy a Corsair product again. I have RMA'd mine because I'm sick of this issue and of seeing Corsair ignoring us. Probably I will buy a Logitech, or maybe a Razer.