Corsair Community

Sound Reactivity?

kewlhotrod

I'm wrapping up the final touches of my new PC which is largely dominated by Corsair products and I'd like to keep it that way.

I'm interested in Corsair Link and simply need to know if there's a way to have it control the LED's with sound reactivity.

I'm looking to add a fan controller and case lighting. Purchased three AF140mm and two AF120mm and need a controller, link would be great to tackle both lighting and fan needs, but there are a lot of other options to go with if Link is unable to control lighting with sound reactivity.

If a hack is necessary that's quite fine; I've already located and soldered a multimeter test lead to various voltage pin outputs on the motherboard, I'm quite comfortable with electrical modifications if needed.

Please advise, purchases planned for tonight.

I don't think this is possible and neither does http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=144057

Yeah, that kinda just died off without much discussion. I'm sure it's something someone's attempted to (whether it be a 'hacked' project or not). However it is because of that thread I'll be looking elsewhere for lighting.. But may still be able to incorporate my reactivity with LINK dealing with fans/temps.

But may still be able to incorporate my reactivity with LINK dealing with fans/temps.

I doubt this is possible with the current CLCC. All the LED changes effectively go via a 400 KHz I2C/SMBus and I don't think its possible to do this at the rate that would be needed. I feel the audio needs to be fed to the CLCC and for this to be done in firmware.

I doubt this is possible with the current CLCC. All the LED changes effectively go via a 400 KHz I2C/SMBus and I don't think its possible to do this at the rate that would be needed. I feel the audio needs to be fed to the CLCC and for this to be done in firmware.

Yeah, I suppose that makes sense. I've decided to accomplish my want with a micro-controller (Teensy 3.2), a level-shift IC chip (74AHCT125) and a lot (a looot) of research. Already have a plan laid out. Might be some neat additions I can add to it after too. I mean Teensy could be the fan controller itself; just add a few temperature sensors (TMP36 for example) and a bit of code.

I'm oversimplifying this, it's going to be a pain I'm sure.. But it'll be worth it.

Anyways, I suppose this is off-topic (and maybe counts as a competitor advertisement post?:sigh!:). If there really hasn't been any work with the Link system in relation to audio reactivity then I suppose this thread should be locked. Besides this project sounds more fun anyways.

If the mods/admins/Almighty Corsair don't care, I might track my progress (lazily) and record its completion (here or in another thread).

Archived