Corsair Community

Corsair 800D airflow question

Odaik

Hello,

I've been looking at purchasing one of the new Corsair system chassis offering. However, I'm not sure if I would begin to experience a certain problem with airflow after everything is set up.

From what I can see, there are options for 4 fans in exhaust (not including the HDD bay fan), and only one intake fan (airflow of which seems to be restricted due to location and dust filters). As I understand it, this would create a large negative air pressure gradient as the total airflow being exhausted due to fans is much greater than that being taken in.

Wouldn't this create a problem with the warm air in the area behind the main component "cooling zone" (which is exhausted in to there by the fan/shrouds on the hard drive bay) being sucked back into that case zone through the rubber cable grommets due to the pressure gradient (high pressure behind tray, low pressure inside)?

Thanks,

Odai.

As I understand it, this would create a large negative air pressure gradient as the total airflow being exhausted due to fans is much greater than that being taken in.

Odai.

There are several posts regarding this subject, I would read through those.

Also, from "fan laws" point of view, you can not exhaust more air than you can take in. Yes, air is compressable, but case fans are not positive displacement devices and have a relatively low static pressure design. Even if the fan is rated at X CFM @ Y SP, it will only do its' design if the air is there. Hope I didn't confuse the question. :)

Archived