Corsair Community

Link + RGB fans connection

NE0XY

Hi,

I'm semi confused and want to make sure I got everything right before I make any purchases.

Will the following work?:

I'm looking to buy 4 HD140 RGB fans + 1 controller AND 3 HD120 RGB fans + 1 controller. I will then connect the PWM signal wires from the controllers to my Aquaero for controlling the fan speeds etc, I will then connect the RGB wire (?) to a Lighting Node Pro for control of the RGB via the Link software?

But if I connect the fans RGB thing to the Lighting Node, there won't be any ports available for the LED strips that come with the Lighting Node Pro kit?

Am I missing something here? Is there another solution that would suit me better?

Thanks

If you wish to connect 7 x HD LED fans to the CLNP then you can't also connect the LED strips.

The best you can manage is 6 x HD LED fans + 4 x LED strips.

I guess you could connect 4 x LED strips + 1 x HD LED to the same port giving 52 LEDs in total.

CL 4.8.0.82 will only allow up to 4 x 10 = 40 LEDs or 6 x 12 = 72 to be controlled though, so the best you could manage is 48 LEDs.

If you write your own or use 3rd party software all 52 LEDs could be controlled as any of 1 x 52, 2 x 26 or 4 x 13. AFAIK the WS2812B protocol needs all the strips to have the same number of LEDs.

I have 4 x LED strips + 3 x HD LED fans connected to the same port giving 76 LEDs in total, but can only control 72 of them with the current CLNP/CLCP firmware, but I am hoping Corsair will allow more in a future release, see http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=907769.

If you wish to connect 7 x HD LED fans to the CLNP then you can't also connect the LED strips.

The best you can manage is 6 x HD LED fans + 4 x LED strips.

I guess you could connect 4 x LED strips + 1 x HD LED to the same port giving 52 LEDs in total.

CL 4.8.0.82 will only allow up to 4 x 10 = 40 LEDs or 6 x 12 = 72 to be controlled though, so the best you could manage is 48 LEDs.

If you write your own or use 3rd party software all 52 LEDs could be controlled as any of 1 x 52, 2 x 26 or 4 x 13. AFAIK the WS2812B protocol needs all the strips to have the same number of LEDs.

I have 4 x LED strips + 3 x HD LED fans connected to the same port giving 76 LEDs in total, but can only control 72 of them with the current CLNP/CLCP firmware, but I am hoping Corsair will allow more in a future release, see http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=907769.

Bummer =/

Feels like a waste to buy the Lighting Node Pro and not be able to use the LED strips...

You don't now if the LED strips work on ASUS AURA sync motherboards?

Bummer =/

Feels like a waste to buy the Lighting Node Pro and not be able to use the LED strips...

You don't now if the LED strips work on ASUS AURA sync motherboards?

No, they won't. For openers they are 5 volts rather than 12 volts and the control protocol is totally different.

Archived