Corsair Community

Coolant questions

Darlok49

1. What is the ratio of Cool coolant concentrate to distilled or de-mineralized water?

2. Will Cool coolant mix with other kinds of coolant (i.e. Koolance bluecolored or other blue or green kinds)... are there any cautions to mixing types of coolant?

(Ethelene glycol and propylene glycol?)

Thanks for any help you can provide

Darlok49

Answering ? #1. For my CoolKit installations (4) I used 1 bottle of the green coolant and added 3 bottles of distilled water. If you don't cut off much of the piping and completely burp the air from the reservoir; the system will hold 4 bottles of fluid.

Answering ? #2. I really don't know; but, if the chemical composition of the different makes is similar; then it shouldn't be a problem.

KaptCrunch, thanks for the responses (also lhyde)...

I got the idea of the ratios ok... am not clear on which part of KaptCrunch's #2 answer went to which part of the question #2 so here is #2 split up a bit...sorry am just having a duh! day I guess...

2a. Will Cool coolant mix with other kinds of coolant (i.e. Koolance bluecolored or other blue or green kinds)... meaning will the Cool coolant mix without harm to anything with the Koolance coolant.

2b. Are there any cautions to mixing types of coolant?

(Ethelene glycol and propylene glycol?)-Can they be safely mixed together without bad things happening? Sorry don't enough chemistry to answer this one...

KaptCrunch's response:

2) yes especially any thing listed long life stay away from (anti-freeze) - [like car anti-freeze I take it? - other than that I don't quite get it]

Sorry about the need for clarification... just don't want to second guess answer's meanings...I did read the Koolance spec pdf but I did not notice any mixing warnings with it (wonder if there is anything in a Cool spec sheet that might give some answers?)

Thanks again, darlok49

Archived