Corsair Community

Smooth scrolling possible?

AVDM

I'm not asking about browsers - I know you can get good smooth scrolling there - but in a context like Windows Explorer - is it possible to get smooth scrolling with a Sabre RGB Gaming Mouse?

I'm getting frustrated with the jumpy scrolling in Windows Explorer and in some of my apps. Somehow Firefox scrolls smooth-ish despite the jerky feel of the scroll wheel but most of my other apps are intolerable. I always end up having to grab the handle in the scroll bar. It's frustrating to not simply be able to scroll smoothly with the wheel. I thought if I bought a quality mouse I'd get buttery smooth scrolling but either the mouse is a disappointment or I still don't know how to use it.

Also, I imagine the jerky feeling of the mouse wheel is a hardware feature but I don't like it. It's a not too unpleasant quiet and smoothish clicking but I'd rather just have plain smooth. Is there an operation I can perform on it to make it click free?

Edited by AVDM
clarity

Okay, so I figured this out by piecing together some posts from here and elsewhere.

I went out and bought a set of screw drivers that included a T6 and did a mod on my Sabre RGB: I flattened that little washer on the left side of the wheel that creates that pointless clicking on the scroll action and I now have buttery smooth scrolling for the first time ever. Joy!!! If you need the comfort of a bit of subtle clicking then flatten it just slightly. Me? I flattened it totally and I'm not looking back. I have no idea what the point is of making the scroll wheel ratchet along in that jumpy way. It works against smooth scrolling, so it has to be corrected-for as best one can via software means. Why, if you can make the mouse without a ratchet?!

Of course it doesn't help in windows explorer. That still jumps line by line to make it difficult for the eye to follow and I don't think Microsoft is going to wake up to such visual illiteracy any time soon.