Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Corsair Link

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-22-2013, 07:00 PM
`~~`
wytnyt's PC Specs

POST ID # = 679578
wytnyt wytnyt Reputation: 159
Send a message via ICQ to wytnyt Send a message via AIM to wytnyt Send a message via Yahoo to wytnyt Send a message via Skype™ to wytnyt

windows has been a work in progress all the way back to 1.0 and it always will be

Last edited by wytnyt; 10-22-2013 at 07:07 PM.

Old 10-22-2013, 07:01 PM
GrahamB's PC Specs

POST ID # = 679579
GrahamB Reputation: 10

And one more thing, if you had the preview release, why did you bother to download the official 8.1 release? They must be the same surely!

Old 10-22-2013, 07:03 PM
GrahamB's PC Specs

POST ID # = 679580

Quote:
Originally Posted by wytnyt View Post
windows has been a work in progress all the way back to 3.1 and it always will be
Sorry but I remember trialling Windows 1.0, so the work in progress goes back well before 3.1

Old 10-22-2013, 07:19 PM
`~~`
wytnyt's PC Specs

POST ID # = 679583
Send a message via ICQ to wytnyt Send a message via AIM to wytnyt Send a message via Yahoo to wytnyt Send a message via Skype™ to wytnyt

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrahamB View Post
Sorry but I remember trialling Windows 1.0, so the work in progress goes back well before 3.1
yes it was,i recall having tons of floppies with different .bat files to load in order to run programs.on more topic tho,i feel corsair will come thru with workable software judging from what ive seen so far..,its just that things takes time

Old 10-22-2013, 07:24 PM
GrahamB's PC Specs

POST ID # = 679584

Quote:
Originally Posted by skylined View Post
Microsoft did not develop corsair link. Corsair developed corsair link. You cant blame Microsoft for Corsair not testing their own products on a OS that would be released to the public as a free upgrade from windows 8. The fact that its free, makes it even more likely that people who have been using windows 8, will upgrade and even more incentive for Corsair to be checking to make sure the hardware they have been selling us is compatible with it.

This has nothing to do with how Microsoft is doing, but if something on my system was broken because of Microsoft I sure as hell would be wanting them to fix it, and would ask them to as I have here. Would you be in the Microsoft forums defending them?... If I ever need a lawyer, can I call you?
Certainly, but I only understand what my life's experience has taught me. Would I be defending Microsoft? depends on the circumstances.

I quoted the problems just as an illustration that software development is not easy or quick, especially when things change underneath you and you have no control over them.

Old 10-22-2013, 07:29 PM
GrahamB's PC Specs

POST ID # = 679585

I suppose the best analogy I can offer is your electricity supply company sends you a letter saying in 8 weeks we will be changing the voltage we supply to your house, but we are not yet sure what to. It will probably be 180V but this may change.
Please update all your wiring and appliances accordingly.

Old 10-22-2013, 07:35 PM
GrahamB's PC Specs

POST ID # = 679586

Quote:
Originally Posted by wytnyt View Post
yes it was,i recall having tons of floppies with different .bat files to load in order to run programs.on more topic tho,i feel corsair will come thru with workable software judging from what ive seen so far..,its just that things takes time
Oh Happy days, spending hours feeding floppies into an XT. Could have downloaded it, but there was no internet and at 2,400 baud I would still be waiting now.

It would have been better if we had all stuck to Gods true language, IBM 370 Assembler!!

And Yes I think Corsair are committed to providing a solution.

Old 10-22-2013, 10:08 PM
txfeinbergs's PC Specs

POST ID # = 679620
txfeinbergs Reputation: 8

... but yes, most of us blame Microsoft for all sorts of things, just not this.

Old 10-23-2013, 03:05 PM
GrahamB's PC Specs

POST ID # = 679713

It's not a matter of blame, it is a matter of resources, information, change notification and time!

Link is actually a pretty unique concept! Corsair is basically a hardware company, so I doubt they can afford to have thousands of people working on this.

Old 10-23-2013, 06:36 PM
skylined's PC Specs

POST ID # = 679732
skylined Reputation: 10

Quote:
I suppose the best analogy I can offer is your electricity supply company sends you a letter saying in 8 weeks we will be changing the voltage we supply to your house, but we are not yet sure what to. It will probably be 180V but this may change.
Please update all your wiring and appliances accordingly.
No, its not like that at all. The preview has the exact same changes to the USB stack as does the final.

Old 10-23-2013, 06:41 PM
skylined's PC Specs

POST ID # = 679734

Quote:
It's not a matter of blame, it is a matter of resources, information, change notification and time!

Link is actually a pretty unique concept! Corsair is basically a hardware company, so I doubt they can afford to have thousands of people working on this.
Yes it is a matter of blame when the people who sell us hardware do not take care of the issues they have had plenty of time to take care of, and then leave us with vague '4 to 6 week' timelines on when we might get a beta that we can help them test. (oh gee thanks Corsair!) Not acceptable!

They can do better and for people to tell them that is constructive criticism. They most certainly do not need you to defend them. Even more to the point, you do not even run windows 8.1 and are not affected by the issue, yet here you are, arguing on an issue that you are not even affected by.

You Sir, are becoming what is known on the internet as a Troll.

Last edited by skylined; 10-23-2013 at 10:26 PM.

Old 10-23-2013, 08:43 PM

POST ID # = 679761
Akuka Reputation: 10

I follow the steps about USB and Regedit, and now i can see all the temps and fans on LINK2, but i still have a problem. The only color that i can see on the pump is BLUE and not RED or YELLOW.

weird, right? May you help me.

Thanks

Old 10-23-2013, 09:14 PM
`~~`
wytnyt's PC Specs

POST ID # = 679763

Quote:
Originally Posted by skylined View Post
Yes it is a matter of blame when the people who sell us hardware do not take care of the issues they have had plenty of time to take care of, and then leave us with vague '4 to 6 week' timelines on when we might get a beta that we can help them test. (oh gee thanks Corsair!) Not acceptable!
actually skylined
even when corsair issues a beta it will work in all instances and machines that they've tried it on.but considering the complexity of being able to get things to work on any machine and software configuration ,i think they issue it as a beta.
we can take the same software and it could work on yours but not mine.
its a hassle having to wait but they are working on it.
it isnt like graham is being a ''troll' per sea,but he is sorta like me as we defend what we believe in and really mean no harm in it
were just old,worn out ,with a one track mind

Old 10-23-2013, 10:51 PM
skylined's PC Specs

POST ID # = 679771

I don't actually think he means harm, its just kind of frustrating to have someone who is not being affected by the issue insinuate that I should just suck it up or that this is common practice. Maybe I am over reacting, but I have spent a considerable amount of money on my hardware... specifically Corsair parts.

Old 10-24-2013, 12:30 AM
Grey33's PC Specs

POST ID # = 679778
Grey33 Reputation: 10

I think you are all completely 'barking up the wrong tree'! My H80i, for example, is not made by Corsair; it is actually made by CoolIt Systems. If you look up CoolIt's website you will see the H80i in it's full glory! CoolIt makes excellent products, which is why Corsair buys them and re-badges them.

As for the software, if you look closely when the Link install program is running for the first time, at one point you will see, very briefly, the 'Coolit' name and it's logo!

So, this may lead you to believe that CoolIt also wrote the software and that it is actually that company, not Corsair, who have unfortunately completely dropped the ball on Windows 8.1 compatibility! It is 'unfortunate' because both companies actually produce very good products. I have used CoolIt cooling systems (under their own badge) previously and have been very satisfied with them.

Closed Thread