Corsair Community

Pads on the H50 backplate, are they important?

Truant19

I installed the h50 today and I am getting an amazing 20 degrees cooler then before, but I am getting weird crashes. I was asking on a forum, and someone asked if I had put the little pads on the backplate. Are those important? I assumed they were just to hold the back plate in position while you mounted the cpu. Should I go back and add those or should I look for the problem else where?

Thank You,

Your assumption about the pads is correct , they are just an install aid .

As for your problem the only thing i can think of is did you tighten the cooler down evenly ? , overtightned and crushing the socket or physical short somehow with the mounting hardware .

Wow.... I cant believe it. That 100% just fixed the problem, I ran the torture test for 12 hours, didn't crash. I can't believe that was the solution. Thank you so much!

Did you simply reseat the cooler? Was it too loose or too tight? Just trying to understand the solution.

Did you simply reseat the cooler? Was it too loose or too tight? Just trying to understand the solution.

I believe it was to tight. I just loosened each screw and made sure they were all roughly equal torques.

Archived