Corsair Community

Cable Options

billiejackfu

So I bought a PCI-Express 1X to USB 3.0 card because my motherboard doesn't have USB 3.0 and my new case does. The adapter card has SATA power connection, but the cables I will be getting with my HX750 have 4 connectors on the cable.

Does anyone know of a 6 pin molex to single SATA female power cable? I have been all over the net looking for one and I'm stumped.

Oh so you wanted a single SATA Power cable that fits directly into the 6pin socket of the PSU, as opposed to the supplied cable which has a chain of 4 SATA Powers for the hard/optical drives.

I am pretty sure that doesn't exist and I have never seen Corsair list one, although I have not seen everything. Not all PSU fittings are the same so I doubt you would find a 3rd party cable to fit and i'm sure Corsair would advise against using one. Your options are to use a whole chain of 4 SATA Powers to go to the USB card or to use a SATA extension to join up with the standard power cables behind your motherboard tray which would be smarter IMO.

Might have to get two of those BitFenix Alchemy Molex to SATA Adapters, since I just remembered that I purchased a SATA Blu-Ray drive also. Wish I could find someone local who carries them. My main board is old and requires a 4 pin molex to the board for the PCI-E bus. So 3 x 4 pin molex which I believe my PSU comes with 6 pin to 4 x molex. I won't know until I get the PSU.

Archived