Corsair Community

More advanced setting of lighting on RGB keyboards

71baker

Hi all.

I was thinking about a cool thing i wanted to set up but i can't figure out if it is even possible.

When making a profile for a specific Game i tend to 'blackout' the keys not used or seldom used for that game. Often this means my F-buttons are unlit.

As on many keyboards they are grouped in a 4x3 pattern and i was thinkin this could be used as a timer/reminder for stuff.

What i want to do:

On a button press, lets say Numpad 5, the timer should start on F1 and go from black to bright red and flash green then become fully green while F2 begins to 'fill'. Each button F1,F2,F3 and F4 represents 1/4 of the full time i want to monitor. When the time is up it would want to flash F1-F4 2-3 times in white-green to make it even more obvious.

It would also be ok (and probably look badass) if F1-F4 all lit up in bright red on the initial keypress then filled up to Green but with different delay between the steps. So that F1 from red to green would be 1/4 of the full time. F2 2/4 of the full time, and so on.

I think i read somewhere that programming the lights via Lua would be available but maybe it wasn't on this keyboard? I imagine it would take something like that to enable this.

Is this, or will it ever be, possible to do on these keyboards?

Archived