Corsair Community

600T Build observations

hybridtech

Sorry, I'm a little disappointed. I bought this for myself for Xmas transfering all the bits from a reasonably quiet, much smaller case. I think it's easier to lay it out in pros & cons.

PROS;

- just LOVE the aesthetics, smooth flowing lines, piano black contrast around the front bezel & on the feet.

- the latches for the side panels, I really like these. I've used them heaps doing the build, swapping trays, fans and wiring etc around. Great.

- I never thought those cabling grommets would be so good! You can hide all those big airflow disturbing sleeved cables behind the MB tray and still close the side panel (even with the acoustic material I added) easily.

- the little things like, matching black screws for the PSU, the adjustable retainer for the bottom mounted PSU (makes it more secure), the plastic HDD retainers, the co-ordinated black interior.

- air flow/cooling looks good. I tried a few different mix options, and it now runs quite a lot cooler than the donor case.

CONS;

- underneath the bottom, in front of the PSU filter it looks like a panel/skin has been left off (not just mine, it's also missing from other online photos). The front of the filter has locating tabs (and is quite loose, lets dust in around the filter) and there are guides moulded in. The tabs pressed into the middle of the metal floor where a HDD tray can be mounted let in alot of unfiltered air.

- the 200mm fans have a very distinct whine.

- one 200mm fan shows 520rpm the other 720 in Bios, Asus Probe 2, and CPUIDs' HWMonitor. The 520 shows in red in Bios & Asus. Way outside the specified 800rpm.

- fan mount grommets are a very hard rubber(?). If you want to use those soft stretchy silicone type mounts supplied with some aftermarket fans you still have use the Corsair grommets because they mount through much larger holes than is standard.

- the fan controller is powered by a Molex 4-pin. Where's the Sata adaptor? I'm old school, but everything I've got is Sata, which means another bunch of wires from the modular PSU. Sorta starts to defeat the purpose of modular, doesn't it!

- not sure if it's really relevant, but no chassis speaker/buzzer.

- HDD cages. BIG bad.

- they are very substandard.

- both are warped.

- the bottom one rubs against the front fan shroud. If replacement fans are any deeper, they won't fit(?).

- in the standalone mid floor position the rear thumbscrew would only locate if the corner was pressed down hard.

- with the cage in this position, the bottom HDD can't slide in or out.

- if you use one cage hanging underneath the optical drive bays without it's supporting twin underneath, it is only retained by 2 loose slides and 1 thumbscrew so the whole thing can rattle and float around in the breeze.

Again, I'm sorry, I just thought it would be a better product presented by a world renowned company.

How come that the fans whine? That's weird.

How bad is it? I'm considering this chassis but i can't stand loud *** whine, my previous Corsair AX had this and it was driving me insane.

Perhaps you could replace the two 200mm fans with two Nocturas instead.

How about the ******** big boy? This is a 200mm fan so two of these should get the job done.

They're too thick. I think most 200mm fans are 30mm thick and the ones that came with the case are 20mm (Didn't measure but lot thinner than other 200mm fans). What I am doing is tying a 140mm Noctua to the front. Hope that will bring in enough air.

They're too thick. I think most 200mm fans are 30mm thick and the ones that came with the case are 20mm (Didn't measure but lot thinner than other 200mm fans). What I am doing is tying a 140mm Noctua to the front. Hope that will bring in enough air.

That sucks. Did you check with the Corsair staff that the fans aren't defective? sounds odd that they are making a whining sound.

What I am doing is tying a 140mm Noctua to the front. Hope that will bring in enough air.

The 140mm Noctua only puts out ~63 cfm The 200 mm fans that come with the case put out 76 cfm. You'd be downgrading.

If you put the hdd cage on the floor in front of the PSU, there is room to mount a 200x30mm on the backside of the fan brackets.

Here's mine for example

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v670/sevenem/9f10d5fc.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v670/sevenem/1da4e7ce.jpg

The 140mm Noctua only puts out ~63 cfm The 200 mm fans that come with the case put out 76 cfm. You'd be downgrading.

If you put the hdd cage on the floor in front of the PSU, there is room to mount a 200x30mm on the backside of the fan brackets.

Here's mine for example

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v670/sevenem/9f10d5fc.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v670/sevenem/1da4e7ce.jpg

I'm gong to use three HD cages with 8 HDs. I guess I like to separate things on different HDs.

I heard the Corsair fan was not very good. Plus I don't like lights on my fans. So I guess I have to see the temps on my HDs to amke sure it doesn't get too hot. If it does, I guess I'll have to put the 200mm back on.

Thankyou all.

Good photos Darkcyde (& the link to the club), pity my system hasn't got all the nice flash bits yours' has.

Isewake, the lights are easily disabled. I'm only running 3 HD's, but they dropped roughly 15% (6C) in temps from the donor case, in both instances directly behind the front fan (donor 120mm).

Ultimatium, in the middle of an RMA as we speak, have to send them the fans first to assess, so I'll have to rig up something in the interim. Not sure how long it will take, the request came via California & I'm more than half a world away in New Zealand.

put different fans in, but is there a choice? Can anyone point me in direction of compatible 200mm fans?

Xigmatek (XLF-F200..)make an almost identical fan, BUT you may be getting the same fan re-branded (Darkcyde?).

As for others, which are usually deeper/thicker, therefore you can only use them in the front fan position with the HDD cage in the mid floor position, and again you may not be getting anything better.

Isewake, I'll get back to you with specifics, but it's basically a matter of disconnecting the feed to the 4 LEDs on the fan itself.

Archived