Devices Disconnect/Reconnect Randomly

natefrog

First of all my Corsair setup

K70 MK.2 keyboard

M65 Pro RGB mouse

H100i Platinum cooler (2 ML fans)

LNP with 4 ML fans and 4 RGB strips connected

iCue 3.11.114

Whenever I'm using my computer, at random times Windows will play the USB device disconnect sound followed by the connect sound a second later. When this happens I hear my fans (presumably the ML fans connected to the H100i since iCUE is controlling those) go full speed for a few seconds before returning to my quiet setting. If I uninstall iCUE this doesn't happen, at least for my full day of testing with it uninstalled it never happened.

I don't notice any major issues when this happens and it is more of an annoyance then anything else. Is this a known issue? If so any word on a fix?

Bumping as well, I have the same issue.

When I submitted a ticket, was told to swap the USB Cable

Every time I've brought the issue up, I've either gotten a run-around, or ignored completely, but given that when I had RGB lighting issues with my RAM that I was told (by the support rep) I would be better off buying other RAM, I'm not holding my breath.

For the moment, I've reconfigured my cooler to power the pump off the CPU header, and the fans to be run off the motherboard, because iCue is causing me heating issues and evidently isn't going to be fixed any time soon. Would RMA but I no longer have the box, for which I'm very sad. I would advise looking into alternative configurations for the cooler, as it will not manage the fans without iCue, making it pretty much useless without it.

Bumping as well, I have the same issue.

When I submitted a ticket, was told to swap the USB Cable

Every time I've brought the issue up, I've either gotten a run-around, or ignored completely, but given that when I had RGB lighting issues with my RAM that I was told (by the support rep) I would be better off buying other RAM, I'm not holding my breath.

For the moment, I've reconfigured my cooler to power the pump off the CPU header, and the fans to be run off the motherboard, because iCue is causing me heating issues and evidently isn't going to be fixed any time soon. Would RMA but I no longer have the box, for which I'm very sad. I would advise looking into alternative configurations for the cooler, as it will not manage the fans without iCue, making it pretty much useless without it.

Wow your situation is worse than mine. My fans and pump kick into full speed when it happens, so I don't have any cooling issues. However, it definitely does make me uneasy that a buggy piece of software is controlling my CPU cooling. I think I'll just uninstall iCUE until this situation is resolved. Overall I think it is a great piece of software, but this kind of bug needs to be fixed immediately.

Also definitely not the USB cable since the issue goes away completely when iCUE is uninstalled. I hate when tech support shoots in the dark with suggestions such as this.

Archived