Corsair Community

front fan grill 650D

RandyLahey

I did take the dremel to my front but I never tested it with the corsair fan. I switched it to a megaflow and I can't hear my megaflow at all. Maybe someone could say if they can hear the megaflow with the mesh in front of it.

I would test it myself with the mesh but it's already in the trash.

Well i went ahead and cut the mesh off last night and now the whine from the 200mm corsair fan is 100% gone and airflow has increased quite a bit,still it was hard for me to go through with it,this case is only 2 months old and i have scarred it forever but i guess it doesnt matter cuz you cant see it...im prolly gunna add some sound dampening material in the near future to make my very quiet pc even quieter,now if only noctua would make a 200mm fan i could exchange the only remaining corsair fan with a real fan.Thank you for replying B4real :)

Others may thank you later on because you tested if removing the grill had the desired effect.

by the way, I started removing the grill within the first 30 minutes I had my case :). The decision to do so was taken about a week before it arrived :)

Removing the front grill solved the whining noise 100% for me too! I did the deed the second day I had the case. Way to commit, Randy!

CIMG3708.JPG

If you're going for a quiet PC, I can't recommend moving your mechanical drives to the 5.25" bays using these guys enough. Attach the bracket to your HDD and it snaps right into the tool-less 5.25" bays.

CIMG3721.JPG

• 2 weeks later...
Removing the front grill solved the whining noise 100% for me too! I did the deed the second day I had the case. Way to commit, Randy!

CIMG3708.JPG

If you're going for a quiet PC, I can't recommend moving your mechanical drives to the 5.25" bays using these guys enough. Attach the bracket to your HDD and it snaps right into the tool-less 5.25" bays.

CIMG3721.JPG

How'd you cut it so round and nice? :O

Getting my dremel in a couple of days hopefully.

Just to test, I'll try and cut off the side/lip off the HD cages, and put in a 200x30mm Megaflow, then see how the sound is like.

I'll probably remove the mesh anyways because of airflow, already got the filter and mesh infront of it already so it seems a bit over the top to me to have 2x mesh in front of that fan.

Archived