Corsair Community

corsair H2100 ambiance pic problem(mic)

stonemelts

i bought this H2100 from newegg website..the headset is all good and the sound is awesome when not using mic.. and when i pull down the mic to chat with my friends in all chat apps or in game.. like Dota or world of warcraft... my mic picks up even my keystrokes.. and my fan sound as background noise.. i heard this is a unidirectional mic.. but my headset picks up all the ambience sound at the same time which is horrible and irritating... even after i switch off the microphone test option. in corsair app.. my friends say.. they hear terrible ambiance noise and key stroke noise... is there any solution for rectifying this noise.. i tried switching to that 48000 dvd quality option.. still same problem.. please help..and if i reduce the db output of the mic.. they cant hear me... is it my headset problem .. or all h2100 are facing the same...:mad:

i bought this H2100 from newegg website..the headset is all good and the sound is awesome when not using mic.. and when i pull down the mic to chat with my friends in all chat apps or in game.. like Dota or world of warcraft... my mic picks up even my keystrokes.. and my fan sound as background noise.. i heard this is a unidirectional mic.. but my headset picks up all the ambience sound at the same time which is horrible and irritating... even after i switch off the microphone test option. in corsair app.. my friends say.. they hear terrible ambiance noise and key stroke noise... is there any solution for rectifying this noise.. i tried switching to that 48000 dvd quality option.. still same problem.. please help..and if i reduce the db output of the mic.. they cant hear me... is it my headset problem .. or all h2100 are facing the same...:mad:

I am having the same problem

It's something i have requested in the driver since 8.1 was released and nothing has been as i was suffering with the same issue. if you are running windows 8 or 7 try an earlier version of the driver and you should be able to remove background noise but the drivers are not compatible with 8.1 or 10 for some people.

Archived