Corsair Community

Vengeance 2100 wireless connection drop garbled audio

mikeyp

Every min or 2 I am getting a 10sec ish garbled, stuttering audio when doing anything with these headphones. The stuttering is actually painful on the ears, especially when listening to music at a decent volume. When it starts I see the corsair volume icon pop on my screen suggesting the wireless has disconnected from the receiver. Thing is the receiver is less than a meter from my head. I even plugged the usb extension in to get it up on my desk and closer to my head. I also have a wireless router in the same room. Could it be interfering with it? (I really hope not, that would be just pathetic). Software version is 2.0.26. 4ghz cpu, 8gb ram, windows 8.

Router could interfering it.

Most Router use 2,4 Ghz in default.

Vengeance 2100 send in 2.4GHz too.

You can try to change the channel of your router or if it support 5 Ghz change to that.

Also make sure your W-Lan dont cross the receiver.

For example:

Put your receiver on the left and the Router in some distance right.

I also have a Router in my room and use the Vengeance 2100 without any Proplems.

Hope i could help you.

• 7 months later...
I'm getting pretty much the same thing. Did moving it around help at all? I bought these to use at work and apparently 2.4ghz is used pretty heavily around here so just moving my usb dongle may not help much.

Archived