Corsair Community

Wait for 8700k or buy Corsair One now?

livog

Hi!

I have recently started to look for a small compact and decently portable gaming pc, as I found the Corsair One Pro it looked to be the most promising brand and specifications. I recently saw that the new Coffee lake processors just released today. I'm wondering if I should wait for Corsair to implement the new coffee lake series or if the wait time is going to be longer then 2 months or the extra power is just not really worth it.

I will be using the PC to stream to twitch and play the most recent games on it on pretty demanding settings.

Any thoughts and responses are appreciated.

The 8700k processor probably won't improve gaming performance significantly, but is a decent step up when it comes to productivity tasks when compared to the 7700k. It really comes down to do you want to wait for something better or do you want to be able to play and stream games now, which you will be able to do without a problem with the current version of the Corsair One.

Here's a review on the 8700k processor:

http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/hardware-canucks-reviews/76162-intel-coffee-lake-i7-8700k-i5-8400-review.html

I don't mind waiting unless I need to wait more than 3 months. I already see other companies upgrading their specifications to the 8th generation of i7. I understand that Corsair is waiting for the custom motherboard, but hopefully, they saw this coming and already have a plan to make this happen in the near future.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm on the same exact boat. Got money in hand but I think I'll wait for Coffee lake... As it uses an entire different chipset... So upgrading would be virtually impossible (after the 2-year warranty that is). Additionally, I'm not that knowledgable but I've read coffee lake does indeed improves gaming performances as well as multitasking and bet that's even gonna become more noticeable as developers take advantages of more cores.

I just hope Corsair releases it this year... Or at least that they could give us a word of some sort. Cause I'd just buy right now If I was to learn that it will take them a half a year.

Archived