Corsair Community

570x Fan Problem.

matthewgtx2000

So far the 570x case has been a dream come true these past couple of weeks. From the rgb fans, to the crystal clear glass. Just one tiny problem though, which is one of the three front fans. To my surprise when I turned it on a few minutes ago, I was greeted with a grinding sound from the middle front fan. I'm not gonna lie, I'm pretty new to computers and I have no clue why its doing it or how to fix it. Whenever I turn it off and on again, it stops and works fine.

So can anyone here please tell me how to fix it, or if its that bad that maybe I should take it to a pc repair shop?

Thanks.

I really, really need the help people. I've searched google, youtube and now on here. The fans are brand new, so no dust (already checked) and it only makes the grinding noise after its been off for an hour or two. Works fine after I turn it off and back on so I really have no clue whats causing it.

Hi Matthew,

I recommend speaking to the person who you purchased it from first. If they can't help, then speak directly to Corsair.

The grinding noise your speaking of is usually the bearing inside the fan itself, many fans of different brands can experience this weakness, be it from factory defect or just poor design.

Either way, I'm sure the retailer, or Corsair themselves can sort you out. It's usually just a matter of having you send the faulty in for assessment then they send you out a new one.

Please keep us updated.

So far the 570x case has been a dream come true these past couple of weeks. From the rgb fans, to the crystal clear glass. Just one tiny problem though, which is one of the three front fans. To my surprise when I turned it on a few minutes ago, I was greeted with a grinding sound from the middle front fan. I'm not gonna lie, I'm pretty new to computers and I have no clue why its doing it or how to fix it. Whenever I turn it off and on again, it stops and works fine.

So can anyone here please tell me how to fix it, or if its that bad that maybe I should take it to a pc repair shop?

Thanks.

Hello there. Do not plug the power cord into the pump fan inlet

• 2 years later...

Thanks.

I have the exact same problem with THE 460X case, have you found a solution to this fan noise issue?

Edited by Jadeb950

• 3 weeks later...

So in the last two years I have built 3 different systems in 3 brand new 570x cases and all had this problem after a matter of months. Same issue as yours with a grinding middle fan. It seems there is an issue with the SP120s supplied with the case. For me it wasn't as much of an issue as I had already planned to replace all the fans with LL120s.

Edit. I did manage to temporarily fix it by gently pushing the fan in slightly.