Corsair Community

CMX8GX3M2A2000C9 Problem

BeDong

Hoi!

Just built a computer from scratch using the 8gb (2x4gb modules) "CMX8GX3M2A2000C9" with the Crosshair IV formula mb. Using windows 7 professional 64-bit and AMD phenom II quad. POST and Boot is all good. System runs flawless, But.. It only runs one of the mem modules (4gb). According to the vendor of the MB is compatible with 2000mhz (up to 16gb), But i can not find any info about it above 1688mhz @ Asus. Do crosshair IV formula MB and the mem modules of choice walking hand in hand?

What needs doing here? Is it fubar getting it to run with the 8gb since its 2k mhz, is it an win update or some settings need done?..

It's been a long time since i actually built a computer. And i never ran any OS above XP befor. And im not totally on with the bios interface now days.

The reading i've done so far about this issue is giving me gray hair and i can not find a sulotiuon. All help is blessed

Thanks

• 3 months later...
Hoi!

Just built a computer from scratch using the 8gb (2x4gb modules) "CMX8GX3M2A2000C9" with the Crosshair IV formula mb. Using windows 7 professional 64-bit and AMD phenom II quad. POST and Boot is all good. System runs flawless, But.. It only runs one of the mem modules (4gb). According to the vendor of the MB is compatible with 2000mhz (up to 16gb), But i can not find any info about it above 1688mhz @ Asus. Do crosshair IV formula MB and the mem modules of choice walking hand in hand?

What needs doing here? Is it fubar getting it to run with the 8gb since its 2k mhz, is it an win update or some settings need done?..

It's been a long time since i actually built a computer. And i never ran any OS above XP befor. And im not totally on with the bios interface now days.

The reading i've done so far about this issue is giving me gray hair and i can not find a sulotiuon. All help is blessed

Thanks

I know this is a late reply but I'm running the crosshair IV forumula with AMD 1100T x6 (@3888mhz @ 1.40v) with 8 gig of this memory (@2000mhz @ 1.65v) with NB at 3000mhz (@1.30v) with system stable. bump the buss up to 250 and multiplier down on the CPU to get mem up to 2000. Are you saying that it's not seeing memory over 4gig?

Archived