Corsair Community

Corsair Voyager Vega

Matt_j75

http://www.corsair.com/en-ca/flash-voyager-vega-usb-3-0-16gb-flash-drive

I see this drive was announced Oct 1st, 2014 and is available on newegg.com and through your site.

This drive will replace the drive I currently carry on my key-chain that holds all my technician tools.

As there are no benchmarks out yet any reviews what speeds can I expect to so on this drive? Write is not that important to me but read is and I need something with a sturdy handle that is small and fits on a key-chain.

Also when is this available in Canada because so far your Canadian retailers are not yet offering it.

Question 1:What is the read/write speed of the drive?

Question 2:When can I expect it to be available in Canada?

• 3 weeks later...

I asked Corsair support about the read/write speeds a few days ago, and got this reply:

"Sorry, we do not have any information on the drive's tested speeds. The drive was built for portability rather than performance so if you are looking for higher transfer rates, you may want to look into the Voyager series flash drives".

Which wasn't very satisfactory. Obviously with such a small drive we're not talking fast transfer rates. I just wanted to know whether they were still adequate, or so-slow-as-to-be-unusable. Support are now saying that they'll see if they can get a speed range from their tech guys. I hope so, as I'd be keen on buying this, but the secrecy over the speeds puts me off.

Archived